pre-seed vs canola oil?

I know this is a little off topic but I've been using KY does this lower my chances of conciveing? Am I better off using Pre-seed? I've been looking into it and thinking about buying some for this cycle.

i dont know how preseed feels since ive never seen it before nor have used it before.. so that's why i posted thsi thread, to see if there were any women who have used both or just canola oil to see if there were truly any difference to the real EWCM?

ever since i started ttcing i have noticed that i'm not as juicy as i used to be when i was 20 (i'm 25, gonna be 26 next month).. i do get wet and it is enough for DH and i to have sex with no pain or discomfort but still it's still alot less than I used to have when i was 20... so that's why i'm like hmm.. maybe it's a sign that i should upper my chance with preseed then i saw the reviews and i'm like ackk!! but you're right, i guess i don't really have antyhing to lose with trying the preseed though and if i do miscarry its probably because i *finally* raised my rates of conceving... i guess? i dont know. i'll talk to my DH and see how he feels about making it more "technical" LOL.. i think he would just rather me do the opks 2-3 times a day, and bd every other day (he will NOT have a problem with that lol).

hugs, don't feel bad about the misunderstanding, i dont. :D and i really hope you get your BFP v v v soon! how long have you been ttcing?

been ttc for 6 months now, getting totally frustrated with it all and the upset each month and then the heartbreak this last cycle!! grrrrr

I found the preseed brilliant last cycle though.. I'm exactly the same, when i was on the pill and younger i had plenty of ewcm (which i don't even know why because surely on the pill you should be infertile technically!? lol) but now there's just wet but no ew.. so not using anything just isn't an option for me. I'm going to stick with it.. i don't think the canola oil would mimic the cm, just maybe produce an environment that doesn't cause sperm to die?? i really don't know. But I just *have* to use something that will give a better environment and ease :sex: because otherwise it's just impossible for us.

It's literally like other lubes and you can use it internally or externally - i use it both ways because i'm super dry up there, and then just a teeny tiny bit for dtd comfort, but i didn't find any came back out or anything else like some people have said lol it comes with these little tubes and you insert them internally to get it up where it needs to be (kind of like a tampon - fill it up then squeeze it in lol)!

I use it 15mins before roughly and DH doesn't even know i've used it because i don't do it in front of him, but was so happy when i'd done it.. he was panicking before about making it technical, now he's just like "get that baby in your belly whatever it takes!!" lol

are you on your 3rd cycle did you say?

oh also if you're having cm problems have you tried epo? i take about 3000mg daily til ovulation and i had my most cm'y cycle so far last month :happydance: also reduces pms, my boobs weren't sore at all last month! :hugs:

I know this is a little off topic but I've been using KY does this lower my chances of conciveing? Am I better off using Pre-seed? I've been looking into it and thinking about buying some for this cycle.

Sorry, KY-Jelly is not sperm-friendly. So it's a no go for trying to conceive. Try some Pre-Seed or Guaifenessin (?sp). Guaifenessin is Mucinex or Robitussin. Make sure to check the active ingredients on the back of the package and get the one that only has Guaifennessin. It makes you slip and slide :winkwink: (Thins all mucus)!

I take the max amount on the label. And just to be clear... the Mucinex or Robitussin is taken orally, not vaginally. Just had to clear that up.

Nai, aww 6 months is hard.. hugs! hang in! where are you in yoru cycle now, i forgot, sorry!

i'm officially now on cycle 3. af came last night but the flow was super slow and didn't start the regular flow until this morning so i'm considering today cd1. kinda sucks but then i am trying to keep the thoughts on a brighter side saying i can try to get a bfp for my birthday which is in 33 days (my cycles are always 28 days sometimes 27 or 29, give or take) which is plenty of time to test and find out before my birthday! it was hard to see my DH's face fall when i told him my af started :( and i even apologized to him and he looked at me as if iw as crazy and said "what are you sorry for?!" but i dont know? its my body so i feel like it's my fault my af came and that we didn't get teh egg this time around.

but i can't really be disappointed or blame myself this cycle cuz my DH and i were really relaxed about it.. didn't really bd that many times and probably completely missed the ovulation day and the opk tests i did once a day and never got a pos, probably cuz i started testing late in the cycle and blah... so yeah, gonna test hardcore with 2-3 times a day and doing the SMEP plan... can't hurt right? i am also taking folic acid and prenatal vits.. probably gonna pick up some EPO - wouldn't hurt my chances at all! Thanks for the tip! oh and i havent decided if i'm gonna temp or not... i suck with rememebring to temp every morning especially when i'm groggy and out of it when i wake up for school LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->