Pre-washing Cloth Question

Rebaby

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
How many pre-washes would you do before trying out a night nappy? We've just bought a Tots Bots Stretchie to try at night and i've washed it twice and was thinking of giving it a go tonight but i don't know if i'm being a bit nuts as it's obviously not going to be anywhere near maximum absorbency yet is it? So asking it to last 12 hours when no other nappy ever has before is probably setting myself up for a failure...right?!

So how many more washes do you think i should do before trialling it?

Thanks ladies :flower:

tbh, I'd probably try it too :blush: I might just add an extra booster 'til I thought I'd done enough washes :shrug:

bamboo 5+ washes for good absorbency (though will continue to improve) or you could do a cold water soak overnight followed by a wash. some people find that works well too.

I'd do some more washing/soaking and then trial it for a few hours in the day, myself, before testing it overnight. I love TB Stretch for the fit and the softness but they are definitely not my thirstiest nappy, after 4 hours they are almost dripping (and they've been washed plenty). If I was to use one overnight I think I'd need a couple of extra boosters.

I'd either soak it over night and then wash it or just use it as a day nappy for a couple of weeks first. I have a thing against washing clean nappies! :blush:

Well we tried it last night after 3 washes. I figured it was a good time to give it a go as Toby seems to be teething and is sleeping really badly so didn't have to worry about waking him up to check he hadn't leaked as he's awake plenty during the night anyway :)roll:)

So i was brave and didn't use a booster, and it lasted from 7pm until 8.30am this morning :happydance: Yippeee!

That's great! I'm getting a stretchie soon too as a night nappy, hope it works as well for us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->