Preeclampsia 3 times?

W8ing4ours

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Its been ages since I've been here. I developed preeclampsia with both of my previous pregnancies and have been searching for a thread about 3rd pregnancies. Has anyone had pre-e with more than 2 pregnancies? My high risk group has stated statistically severity and chance of reoccurance goes down with each pregnancy. Doesn't do much to calm my fears though. I'm not pregnant yet either, I'm in the middle of my 3rd IVF cycle and will hopefully be pregnant in a few weeks!

I dont have an answer. I just wanted to comment I had severe pre-e with my first pregnancy I had to be induced at 32w Im now 13w pregnant with #2 and Im super anxious. How far are you?

I dont have an answer. I just wanted to comment I had severe pre-e with my first pregnancy I had to be induced at 32w Im now 13w pregnant with #2 and Im super anxious. How far are you?
Hi JJB2, I’m still not pregnant yet. Im a few weeks into my IVF cycle, the embryo will be implanted on February 21st.

I know A LOT of stories about women only getting pre-e in their first pregnancy, and not again in later pregnancies. fingers crossed that will happen for you. I can’t find anyone with experience having pre-e 3 times, which makes me a little crazy. I think no matter what I’m going to worry the entire pregnancy. Are you taking baby aspirin?

Oh gotcha! Good luck with the IVF!!!!
Im on baby aspirin. I also just got my 1st trimester screaning and everything looked normal exept for my PAPP-A it was at 5th percentile the genetics counselor said its about the same as my last pregnancy. So a bit worried pre-e could happend again.

I dont recall having a pre-e screen, is the PAPP-A an indicator they can test for?

Is the first trimester screening.

The PAPP-A levels are tested during the screening tests conducted in the first trimester of pregnancy, that is between 11 to 13 weeks of gestation. Several pregnancy problems such as greater risk of fetal loss, premature delivery, still birth, gestational hypertension, low birth weight, fetal development restrictions, pre-eclampsia, placental abruption are believed to be associated with low levels of PAPP-A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->