preeclampsia

ktsl123

Reaction score
I Had my baby boy Benjamin at 35 weeks and 2 days due to preeclampsia 4 months ago.

My husband wants us to try again when Ben is one. I am so scared! With Ben he turned out fine and was totally healthy and didn't Have to stay in the hospital, but it was a horrible thing to go through! I just don't know what to do! We had plans to have four children. This has really ruined my life as I am way to scared to be preg 4 times, but I wish I could do it. My pregnacies will be way to stressful.

Does anyone else feel like this?
Did anyone decide to go through with more pregnancies anyway??

hi hun only me again :winkwink: thought Id give you a link to an older link thread

https://www.babyandbump.com/gestational-complications/203525-pre-eclampsia-aka-toxemia.html

HTH x

I'm having a similar dilemma at the moment. My daughter was born at 36 weeks by emergency section she also had to spent a week in NNICU because she had some breathing problems. Because of all that happened, I'm terrified of having another baby. My little girl turned one last week and it isn't getting any easier. I went to see my doctor last week and I am being referred back to see the maternity unit to speak to the Consultant to talk through what happened and see what the risks are of it happening again. Would this be an option for you?

My doctor has also suggested counselling. I don't want my daughter to be an only child, I want her to experience the close relationship I have with my brother with a sibling of her own. But at the moment I can't face another pregnancy so I know I have to deal with it all.

I don't think it's uncommon to feel like this after a traumatic delivery.

My boy was delivered at 35+2 due to preeclampsia. I was hospitalised at 34 weeks but was unable to control my bp with meds etc past 35 weeks hence my induction. I am pregnant again and expecting in 10 weeks. I did a lot of reading around PET once I had it. Having babies close together seems to reduce the risk of it happening again which is why we jumped back on the wagon asap. There is a really good forum on PET which is preeclampsia dot org. There is loads of info on there especially about getting pregnant after having PET.

I had PET on my last pregnancy, induced at 36 weeks, had been in and out of hospital since before 30 weeks. Luckily everything was ok with DS, they really struggled to keep my BP down during and after labour though, was pretty scary.

However, this pregnancy has been totally different, I swelled up last time from about 20 weeks and just never felt well, this time it feels totally different and have no swelling, BP is perfect etc i atually have a lovely bump this time instead of my whole body looking like it had been pumped up.

Fingers crossed will continue to be ok.

Maybe you need to be debriefed about your last pregnancy, i requested my notes and had a meeting with consultant and was able to put it all behind me, bit of closure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->