Prefolds & Wraps

Pops

Proud Mum & Wifey
Reaction score
Someone has very kindly given us a bag of prefold nappies and Motherase wraps tonight. Would these be ok for when Missy is little? We have been toying with the TBs, LLs, Fluffles etc but haven't made the leap yet as, not knowing what size she is going to be, we didn't want to spend needless money if she wouldn't get much, if any wear out of them.

Will these save us buying those or should we still invest in some?

If so, I'm thinking the teenyfit might be the way to go for the re-sale value if nothing else....:shrug:

The whole newborn thing is confusing me more than anything else!

xxx

I used Bambino Mios when Finn was really little and they worked well.The Newborn Mio wraps were really small and a great fit.They take a bit of getting the hang of but I used to make them up into the wraps.x

I still use cotton bottom prefolds and wraps on logan sometimes... they seem to work brilliantly and arent bulky at all! They are simple enough and hold everything in!!

im confused about newborn stuff too... i would rather use some cloth on him from day 1 just to get into the routine then slowly introduce more cloth... but i havent got a CLUE about wraps or prefolds ... im an all in one person, so im finding the tiny-size stuff hard to come by & few and far between :wacko:

Prefolds are easy hun you just fold them and put the wrap over!!

how do they stay in place? i always imagine pins... and pins scare me. id end up spearing him :nope: xx

you dont need pins, the wrap holds it in place, theyre like flips

im gna make the new baby some out of pauls old teeshirts, my prefolds are HUGE!

x

yup, erin just explained :)
i might try a couple... then again, i have a huge amount of disposables :blush: that i need to use up...

where is the best place to purchase prefolds from? and what wraps are the best ones? (Sorry Pops, i've hijacked..:blush:) i might save it in my faves & come back to it when it makes sense :)

mi not sure really, thats why im making my own, i wouldnt have a clue where to start, i got all of mine in swaps

x

Regarding fitted nappies; I started George (born 7lb4) In cotton size 1 LLs at 2 weeks - yes they were bulky but fine... he's now 10 months, admittedly a smallish boy at 18lb but size 1's are still fine I get a good 3hours from them. I do use size 2 at night but they are still a bit big really. I used to use size 1 TBs overnight but they have a lower rise & started to seem a bit small a few weeks ago.

ETA - motheresase wraps are the best I've found by far and I use them over all my fitteds :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->