Pregnacare?

maybabydoll

Other
Reaction score
Evening ladies,

Quick question for you; I went to the GP to get some more folic acid pills as we're TTC again. But she gave my ones called Pregnacare this time, which seem to also contain iron and on the packet it suggests only taking them if you're 13w+ pregnant. Huh? She's knows I'm TTC and not pregnant...

Do you think this was a mistake? Or perhaps you're supposed to have extra iron after a MC?? Anyone else had this? Perhaps I should double-check with the GP.

x x

Hi Maybabydoll, I get vits with folic acid from the supermarket and am currently taking pregnacare ( varies which brand I get ) and they say are cool for preconception and beyond. Think they'll be fine - obviosly the folic acid is important but so are all the other vitamins and minerals. A good iron level is required to maintain a pregnancy anyway so shouldn't harm you in ttc stage.

hx

I also use them too huns but i use pregnacare plus which contain omega 3 capsule's too iv used them for 14 months now there expensive but very good and they are defo ok for conception pregnancy and breast feeding xx xx

I'm taking these too hun - although mine were not prescribed I just bought mine from boots x x x

@Beadette Cheeky question, but do you remember how much they were? Cos they may (or not) be cheaper on the NHS x x

sorry to but in, boots are doing 3 for 2 on these just now so i got 3 packs of 30 for 9 pound :) xx

@apaton Thanks! That's good to know. I'm going to check how many you get on prescription (i.e. £7.20) and will let everyone know. Handy for ladies in the UK, as it might be cheaper on the NHS x x

Oops, sorry the latest ones I got were actually called "Pregaday" and I got 2 packs of 28 for £7.20. So, actually that deal at Boots is better value.

NHS = 12p per pill
Boots = 10p per pill

Interesting to know x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"