Pregnancies in women over 40 is record high in UK

BBgirl

Reaction score
I've just found out from my researching birth statistics in the UK that the highest number of births occurs in August. This means therefore that November is the month with the highest number of conceptions. Is it because the weather is turning in on us and we all cuddle up more, or is it because men's sperm counts increase when the weather gets colder? Also article in Telegraph, 17 November 2010 states that pregnancies in women over 40 reaches a record high. So it's good news all round girls!

wow that's really interesting!
Tho my gran used to say that babies were concieved in the winter cos people ate more stews!

I guess i will be one of those statistics then!!!

there does seem to be a baby boom going on in the uk, this a great news tho, least i dont feel like a freak wanting a baby at my age, like when i mention it to others i get funny looks, like why would i want to put myself threw that again at my age.... I better get pregnant soon them :):haha:

Hey Mumoffive, any hot tips? I'm trying the Pre-Seed this month as I don't make enough mucus, had 2 miscarriages already, but hoping and praying 3rd time lucky!

I tried for 5 months with a m/c inbetween, 2 months after ttc. The time i caught on we didnt do the deed every day. We just did it whenever. I had kind of given up and said if it happens it happens...and lo and behold it did! I didnt do anything special. Took pregnacare and was 'mildy' aware of when i ovulated but didnt hurry to do it everyday. Certainly didnt bother with ov sticks. i think the key was to dtd only every other day..even over my fertile periods. x

Well I turned 40 yesterday and ovulated on the same day, surely that is a good aura :blush::blush: Last year, I started AF on my birthday so this certainly was better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->