Pregnancy: 9 months of grossing yourself out

BadMamaJAMA

Reaction score
I thought it might be fun to reminisce on all the gross stuff we've learned from our bodies since becoming pregnant...

Here's mine: You can actually leak yellow, lumpy discharge all day without having any sort of infection. Prepare to ruin all your underwear.

What's yours?

Oh my god yes, I thought I had something wrong with me, turns out, it's just pregnancy being gross!!

Mine is - you can walk 20 feet and be sweating like you've run a marathon. Sooooo attractive...

Here's another: If you're not careful, you will grow a full-on goatee.

Puking a little in your mouth from forgetting to squat instead of bend isn't so bad if you swallow fast enough. :D

This thread is a great idea!
I'll spoiler so I dont take up a full page :lol:
Discharge comes in all different disguises - runny, thick, thin, stringy, gooey, yellow, green, white, clear, lumpy, smooth, watery.. And sometimes there's even pee or sweat mixed in there too :sick: gross right?!

It's completely normal for your face to all of a sudden turn into a full blown spotfest, or greasefest - in fact your skin turns completely temperamental!

The hair thing.. Lets not go there. It doesn't grow back in the normal areas, but doesn't stop growing in the not so normal areas!! :shrug:

The veins! Not too gross but oh my lord, I can tell you where each of my veins run to! It's crazy, I'm like a biological human map.

My FAVOURITE:
the most disgusting but being pregnant makes your body pay back your OH for all those horrific farts he ever did! Yup, pregnancy gas is defo a deal breaker :lol:
They're mine, like I was so prepared for the morning sickness and the weight gain - but those ^ those are the things people don't tell you about, my body is now alien to me :haha:

Can't believe no one has mentioned the pee-sneezing yet, but I'll go there. I wet myself on a near-daily basis.

You fart constantly and it smells of burning rubber. Blergh!

Sex with my husband in recent days has become a game of let's see if there's any mucus plug on his *ehem* after we're both finished...

It's completely natural to take off your bra and find you've got crusty nipples caused by dried colostrum. Sometimes it hurts because nipples get stuck to aforementioned bra.

Piles. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Again with the cervical mucus as everyone else has said! B-e-a-utiful.

Poop can be so hard you have to put on a pair of gloves from a hair dye box and 'coax' it out. (This only happened once, I'd like to point out! Straight after I was put on iron tablets).

Farts. So many farts.

My problems : I am in 10wk.

1.Bloating ,gassy , super smelly every few minutes.
2.Constipated most of the times. So have those bloody hemmoriods or piles what ever is real medical name.
And sometimes Its kind of diarrhea.. I eat, stomach ache starts after 30 mins and i run to toilet everything out.
3.Feel itchy
4. Hair all over the face. I have to removeeveryday :cry: . I can have full beard if i dont shave.

5. Dry nippies and swollen Boobs. Donot like to wear Bras.
6. Do not like tighter clothes. and i already dress up like 40wks.
7. I do feel pain in my pelvis many times. Hope its not to worry.
Sometimes, When i go number 2 and sit on toilet.
From carry stuff,laptops, handbags and walking in office which is normal every day to day activity.

8.Breathless so soon...with small set of stairs or carrying stuff. I can not believe I used to run before.

Wait.... I forgot yellow,white,thick,thin discharge. Frequent number 1, Afraid of my sneezing and wetting myself and extreme backache and sleeping 10-12hrs and still waking up tired.

These are great, I can relate to more than I care to acknowledge. :haha:

There is also the drooling, it's gross enough that I have puddles of it on my pillow when I wake up but the stuff that just slips out casually when attempting to speak is probably worse since there are witnesses.

Love this post!

It is possible for you feet to swell up like hams. You may end up with sausages as fingers.
You may get through 2-3 panti liners a day. And it's perfectly normal.
You will sweat. Even your underwear can get wet and having a shiny face after a 2 minute walk, even it it's 6 degrees outside is normal.
You will be more farty and gassy than you DH!!

:haha:
1, I hate sneezing as "something" always slips out down below.
2, heartburn!!!! Prob my worst symptom and was one of my first too. All day everyday!!!
3, yucky discharge of all sorts.
4, cant walk 2mins without getting a stitch despite being slower than a snail.
5, Stairs.... Enough said!!!
6, lack of sleep.... Everyone says to sleep as much as you can before baby arrives but due to several pregnancy wonders Im lucky to get 5hours a night!!! (My friend was the same, her baby is now 6weeks n shes getting a lot more sleep now than during pregnancy :haha:)

Thats my top I guess. I have sciatica too which I thought was bad but is getting progressivly worse meaning I can now barely walk, stand or even sit or lay :dohh: The furthest I now venture on my own is my dads who lives 3mins away :dohh:

But we getting there and have learnt something new. I loved the swallowing sick quickly from bending comment. Not that I do that :blush: :haha:

i love this thread :haha:

the most gross bits for me are

1. discharge omg were to start
2. spots everywere i am like a teenager
3. hair ... hair everywere it isn't meant to be i swear i am going to turn into a baboon, and why does hair grow fast everywere but on my head
4. heartburn - throwing up acid and it burns like hell
5. random vomiting - just to keep me on my toes

God yeah the stitches! I'm getting a stitch closer and closer to my front door these days, soon I'll be getting one just by putting my coat on :nope:

and not to scare those first tri-ers: hemorrhoids and piles :thumbup:

currently the emotional side to me is getting out of hand all i want to do is cry haha 24 weeks&due the 11th April 2014. Every little thing someone says to me i just cry at even though its nothing really. does anyone have the same way as me& how do you all cope with it?xx

currently the emotional side to me is getting out of hand all i want to do is cry haha 24 weeks&due the 11th April 2014. Every little thing someone says to me i just cry at even though its nothing really. does anyone have the same way as me& how do you all cope with it?xx

I am usually fine but then I have these little spells where I just cry a lot for no reason. I just embrace the crazy and go with it, I don't put pressure on myself to snap out of it. It's transient. It helps that DH is super supportive though, he is really understanding and patient with me (whether I am crying or bitching for no reason) and that helps me be patient with myself.

Thanks for reminding me why I'm not having anymore babies!!!!

Oh god hahaha

Well, as many have said, the discharge! It's got so bad that OH asks me to sleep naked and I can't for fear that I'm going to leak discharge all over the bed!
And the sweating! It's horrible! I'm on the larger side too so I was carrying more weight before I got pregnant, now it's just ridiculous! I sweat everywhere, including in the crease between my leg and my crotch!
Body odor too! I don't know whether it's because I have a heightened sense of smell at the moment, or whether I just reek, but I can smell BO all the time! No matter whether I've just had a shower or put on deodorant, all I can smell is horrible sweaty BO!
The smell from *down there* too - again, not sure whether it's just my sense of smell, since OH hasn't mentioned anything during sex, but the smell to me is so strong if I happen to sit with my legs open!
Again as others have said, the fact that you can break out in greasy disgusting spots within a matter of hours! Exfoliater has been a good friend over the past 8 months!
Oh, and the gas! Jeez, I think I've farted more in the past 8 months than I have in the rest of my life all together!
Also, learning that we lose a nasty mucus plug! I knew nothing about pregnancy before this, so I didn't have a clue what a mucus plug was until third tri! Not actually looking forward to that lol just something else disgusting!

I'll be so glad to get my body back when this baby comes!

So far discharge has been minimal, hemorrhoids have been nonexistent so far as well.

I do have the lovely puke burps going on at least once a day.

I get so out of breath just walking around the stores with OH that I tell him to go on without me, I'll catch up if I remember where we parked. Because my mind retains nothing! I forget things 10 minutes after I say I'm going to do them.

Sex is nice but I just don't care for it anymore. OH has to really get me going :blush:

My weight gain came out of nowhere - one day I fit into my normal shirts - next day wth!? my belly was sticking out from the bottoms of them!!!! :dohh:

And as far as emotions go - I'm JEALOUS of everyone all the time! I know it's irrational and not really me so I don't act on it but I'm sick of thinking "why can't that be me?" Thankfully those moments come and go quickly as my memory.

And I would go through it all again too! :winkwink:

You really CAN get varicose veins down there! Never had a varicose vein in my life, not so much of a hint of one with dd1, then bam last week... Worst pregnancy side effect ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->