Pregnancy after a miscarriage?

kelly89

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I was just wondering how long it took some of you to conceive after a miscarriage. I am currently part way through mine and i am just looking for some light at the end of this long tunnel :)

Also i have heard that you are more fertile after a loss, im not sure if this is true or not?

Thanks guys x x x

So sorry for your loss :hugs:

I'm in the midst of TTC after a Loss and haven't conceived yet BUT we were not really trying very hard the first 2 cycles...I'm hoping this Xmas cycle will be the one!

There have been other ladies on here that have conceived rather quickly...there is some evidence that you can be more fertile after a M/C but not sure how long that window is...but first and most important is to get better in your mind, spirit and body and mourn your loss. :hugs:

It took us 11 long months to conceive but that ended in a mmc discovered at 12 weeks at the beginning of September.

I spotted/bled continuously for nine weeks, stopped bleeding at beginning of November, ov'd 2 weeks later, got BFP 10 days after that :hugs:

Sorry for you loss.
We are still ttc i just miscarried 2 weeks ago today... I have done a good bit of reading and have read that the window you are more fertile after a miscarriage is between the time you actually miscarry and your first cycle and have read that it can be up to a few months after... it all depends on how long it takes your progesterone to return back to normal.

Hi Kelly x
I miscarried last december and we went straight to trying again. You can be more fertile, and though you feel ready - looking back on it, it took months for me to even begin to feel myself again.
After getting all round poor sperm results in July, we went into a 'oh well, wait for a referral' stage and then fell pregnant in September anyway. I think the relaxed frame of mind helped more than anything.
x

It took me 5 months to conceive but my cycles were really, really messed up after my miscarriage. I had always had longish, irregular cycles around the 35 to 40 day range but I suddenly was having 18 day cycles with 10 day bleeds. No chance for ovulation and/or implantation! I then had a crazy 71+day cycle when I finally got my bfp. I also think that was the first cycle I ovulated.

I have also recently m/c and we have decided to try again as soon as possible. My MD gave me the go ahead to start trying once one full cycle as passed. I am anxiously awaiting this first cycle to see how my body is reacting to the m/c. After going off the pill in April my cycles were usually 26 or 27 days. We decided to try in September and we got pregnant right away. We thought it was too good to be true and it was. ;-( It will be very interesting to see if my cycle goes back to the same or changes. The waiting is just crazy but I need to stay patient and try to be stress-free. Did anyone ever receive advice from their MD about how much time should lapse before trying again? My MD said just one month but I have read others say their MD told them at least 3 months. My exam showed no physical abnormalities of my body and I was told the baby died because or unavoidable natural causes such as genetic abnormalities or issues with the placenta/umbilical cord. I was 10 weeks along but the ultrasound showed the baby died at 8 weeks. This would be right around the critical development of placenta/umbilical cord. My body held on to the baby for 2 weeks than I started to spot. The MD thought the spotting was caused by recent intercourse but the ultrasound proved her wrong. This was shocking since at 6 1/2 weeks the ultrasound showed a fetal pole and visible heartbeat. We were told my fertility is not an issue and we shouldn't fear about miscarrying again. (easier said than done) I would appreciate any advice for those going through or have gone through the same thing.

I fell pregnant after 9 months and I m/c end of August and by the end of October I found out I was 6 weeks pregnant, so I think it can be true sometimes that its easier to concieve.

Good luck. x

Sorry to hear about your loss :hugs:

I miscarried 3 weeks ago, I was 10 weeks pregnant but the baby had stopped growing at about 5 weeks. My body hung onto it for 5 weeks after. I bled for 2 weeks before miscarrying and then a week after. Even though it was the most upsetting time of my life, for me, apart from TTC again nothing can make me feel any better about it :cry:

I am now waiting to see the results its alot more than a 2ww though as the problem I have now is not knowing when I could have ovulated :shrug:

xx

Thanks ladies, iv stopped bleeding now so I'm enjoying the break before AF comes to visit!
Hopefully the rumours are true and I get to see those 2 lines again soon xx

It has been 11 days since my m/c and I am still bleeding but only slightly. I wish it would stop soon so I can finally start to feeling like moving forward. I want to try again so waiting for AF will be the longest 3-4 weeks ever. Than another 2 weeks or so until ovulation, etc....etc........ I must be patient but it's not easy.

hey, sorry for your loss and fx for ttc!
I mc at 5wks then conceived the next cycle, only to mc that bub at 11.5wks. I have just had my first af since then....fc I am making a bub on Christmas day!!......I was really gutted when af arrived but I think I needed it to come just to get my mind (and heart) sorted, its given me longer to grieve.....
goodluck!

Pip101-I am sending you good luck thoughts. Oh what a Christmas blessing it would be for you to conceive! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

The waiting and waiting is getting me down now. I am 11 days after m/c and still bleeding but only slightly. It seems like it might stop but than more spotting and more. It's hard to move on until it stops. Than to think of when AF will arrive. Geeezzz....I will definitely learn to be patient after all of this. We are trying to cope the best we can while at the same time trying to look forward. We plan TTC as soon as possible so I am already preparing for that with temp chart and OPK. I won't waste it now but once one cycle passes I will be ready to go. Crossing my fingers for all of us. I really hope you are blessed with a Christmas angel. Good luck!!

good luck!
were ttc and im ov-ing next week hopefully, eeek scary and exciting time!

I miscarried late march and conceived 2 cycles later but sadly ended in ectopic late june. waited 3 months and this is now our 3rd month ttc. x

I got pregnant again two weeks after my MC. And am now almost 34 weeks along. It can and does happen!

Thanks again ladies, i hope all ends well for us.
Its so hard playing this waiting game but i know it will be worth it in the end xxx

So sorry for your loss.
It took me 8 months to concieve after my loss at 12 weeks. We tryed straight away and I was so confidant it would happen rele quick. But as the months went by I got more and more disheartend that it would never happen,but on the month I totaly relaxed about it all and just thought what will happen will happen was the month I got my bfp :)
everybody is different you may be rele quick or you may take longer.
All I can advis is just relax,don't stress about it and it will happen!!! :)

i think it depends on how far along the pregnancy was when you miscarried to know how soon you should try. I have had 4 early m/c and my cycles have gone back to normal right away. I have fallen pregnant the first month after m/c. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->