Pregnancy after c-section

T

turbo_mom

I'm just curious for all of you ladies who have had a c-section, how long did u wait to have another baby? I'm feeling like I want to try for a baby as soon as I can. I was told to wait at least a year. I know the next pregnancy will be risky but I am excited already for next time :) I think i'll wait for number two tho at least until i'm engaged.

I don't know much about it but my mum had me by c-section and then my sister (the same way) a year and 7months after me. So I'm guessing she didn't wait a year and we, and her, are perfectly fine :)

I had a c-section with my daughter, and I'm now pregnant again. I'll be having another c-section with this one. They'll be 3 years apart when this one is born, so it was about 2 1/2 years between pregnancies. They say that it takes a year to fully heal from a natural delivery, and 5 to fully heal from a c-section. That's probably why they're saying to wait at least a year. It's really up to you though! I have no doubt there are plenty of women who have carried back-to-back after a c-section and were fine! Although just a word of precaution- make SURE you're really ready for another one now- After I had our daughter I really really wanted to try again soon. It turned out just to be hormones. I stopped wanting one anytime soon once my hormones leveled back out. I was GLAD we held off till now! Either way honey, good luck!:hugs:

they told me to wait a year after first section and i did amber was bout 13-14 months old when i got pg 2nd time then when i had my next section m/w reminded me wait a year etc anyway daniel was 10 months old when i got pg with thomas so was almost a year i guess lol this time rd has been a 4 yr gap so dont count lol

We've been trying since Charlie was born.:hissy:

I asked the doctor at my 6 week check, and he said that there was no medical reason at all why I couldn't get pg straight away. He said that it wouldn't hurt, and any subsequent pregnancy wouldn't burst my stitches as that is what I was worried about.

Glas we did start ttc straight away. If I had waited a year, and then started ttc, I'd have ended up in the funny farm if I still wasn't pg 15 months later!!:rofl:

My sister was pregnant after her 2nd within 3 months after her 2nd C-section.....everything was fine with her! x

My best friend got pregnant with her 2nd just 13 weeks after her son was born. OOPS!

My mum had a c section with my brother, then got pregnant with me and had a natural birth. So about a year and 4 months apart? He is 2 years and 2 months older than me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->