Pregnancy after gallbladder removal?

N

Nerdy

Lost my gallbladder about a month after I had my son... Adjusting has been a little rough and the weight gain has been Godawful! But... I've also noticed, and this is going to be TMI so run away now or forever hold your peace, bowel movement changes.

Where in my last pregnancy I was hopelessly constipated and miserably blocked up, this pregnancy is made up of loose stool and down right diarrhea - always bright yellow with bile.

Has ANYONE ever been in this boat? I feel like NOTHING calms it... And right now I have a sinus infection that isn't making things any easier :nope:

I had my gallbladder out between this pregnancy and my last.. and although I have never noticed the colour I have had very loose bowels on and off to the point of me worrying about being dehydrated at times.. it did get less frequent about the middle of the second Tri. .. Goodluck!

I had my gallbladder out between this pregnancy and my last.. and although I have never noticed the colour I have had very loose bowels on and off to the point of me worrying about being dehydrated at times.. it did get less frequent about the middle of the second Tri. .. Goodluck!

Dehydration is a real thing. I feel like I'm constantly chugging water, which only seems to make it worse :( It's a no win! I'm also all over juices as well which DOES seem to help a little bit.

I have found that Gatorade worked best for me.

Gonna have to try that. Powerade was my best friend last pregnancy.

Yep.
It sux, i actually had mine out when i was 23 weeks with DS3. I got very constipated after having it out ( and because of it the 1st labour ive pooped while pushing :blush: ) but after i gave birth it went back to soft stools and took a while to go semi normal. And now im pregnant again its nasty bile looking very soft/diarrhea. A lot of foods set me off, specially meat. It really sux.

so much dislike at this point. I don't even know what to think. I'm going to ask my OB whether or not I can take Bile Salts while pregnant since I can't find any info on it on the net. Hopefully, if I can, it'll make things easier.

You should try coconut water. Much better for dehydration and way less sugar than gatorade.

I ahven't been able to find a coconut water brand that I like. They all seem to taste really... I don't know... Funky

Im not sure where you are but in Australia you can get hydrolite thats specifically for dehydration from vomiting and diarrhea. You can get it from the chemist.

Im not sure where you are but in Australia you can get hydrolite thats specifically for dehydration from vomiting and diarrhea. You can get it from the chemist.

We have something similar here in the states called Pedialyte, marketted towards kids, but yeah. I may have to grab some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->