pregnancy and a massage?

Rainbow gems

Reaction score
Im about 4 weeks pregnant,
no-one but my OH (and BnB) know we plan not to tell anyone until Christmas day as a special present but its my birthday on Monday and my mother wants to take me to get a body massage but olis a massage ok?
is there any types of massages i should avoid like hot rocks?

thanks

They need to be informed that you are pregnant when going since they can't use oil or hotstones and certain pressure points are not good as well.

Some places do a mother to be massage others won't touch u till ur gone 12 weeks

I had this problem as mum booked a spa day but I made a card and told her on the day n It was quite special just the 2 of us!

Some places will do a back massage, but as the person above has said u need to ring in advance and check because of the oils and techniques they use!

I checked with 2 docs n it's fine, u just need to find the right massage place!

Could always have a manicure instead!

Hii rainbow Gems.. I notice your from Wales too! whereabouts?

I don't think a massage will hurt you but cant you phone the place and ask and explain to them? That's what I would do x

There's a lot of places that won't touch you if you say you are pregnant especially before 12 weeks. Some spas won't even give you facials or anything coz of the oils and creams they use so if you don't want anyone else to know you'll be best finding an excuse to get out of it, or just phone and see if they'll give you a massage but probably not Hun (just from my experience last time).

I still get df to give me a massage at home when my back is sore, I don't think they do any harm I think it's just a liability thing as there are some pressure points that can hurt more in pregnancy I think.

There's a lot of places that won't touch you if you say you are pregnant especially before 12 weeks. Some spas won't even give you facials or anything coz of the oils and creams they use so if you don't want anyone else to know you'll be best finding an excuse to get out of it, or just phone and see if they'll give you a massage but probably not Hun (just from my experience last time).

I still get df to give me a massage at home when my back is sore, I don't think they do any harm I think it's just a liability thing as there are some pressure points that can hurt more in pregnancy I think.

that's what i was trying to do work out if its safe or if i have to make an excuse up :haha:
but if it was safe then i was going to phone up state in pregnant and the person with me does not know as i have been to the place before and they ask if you are pregnant in front of everyone:wacko:

Hii rainbow Gems.. I notice your from Wales too! whereabouts?

I don't think a massage will hurt you but cant you phone the place and ask and explain to them? That's what I would do x

north Wales, near Wrexham and yourself?

When you have a massage toxins are released from your muscles into your bloodstream= which go directly to baby that is why massage is not recommended in pregnancy unless by a masseur trained in specific pregnancy massage.

Maybe tell your mum you could really use a mani/ pedi instead? (Just ensure its a well ventilated salon)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->