Pregnancy and high HBA1C type 1 diabetes

GlitterStar

Reaction score
hey was wondering if anyone had a high HbA1C when pregnant if so how high and were there any complications? I’m not currently pregnant but I’m interested to know. I want another baby but my HBA1C is 77! Thanks in advance. < 3

Ps I thought this would be a good thread for people that maybe are pregnant with type 1 diabetes that do have a higher hba1c and are pregnant. Xx

With my first my HBA1c at conception was 7.9mmol ( around 63)
I worked hard to get it down. After that it steadily went down until the birth. My next reading was around 50. Eventually I got it to around 41. I started lower with my second at 7.2 (55) but never got as low as the 5.9. Neither were large babies and despite starting out higher, I did control my blood glucose tightly. My last hba1c was 50 and I am around 5 1/2 weeks now. It is hard work but worth it.

It would not take you long to reduce that 77. But would advise to do so before getting pregnant. I will be honest I never went to preconception clinics. I did it all myself. I did however contact the hospital as soon as I found out.My team are super supportive. I haven't this time. Will wait until I am 6/7 weeks if I get that far!
x

With my first my HBA1c at conception was 7.9mmol ( around 63)
I worked hard to get it down. After that it steadily went down until the birth. My next reading was around 50. Eventually I got it to around 41. I started lower with my second at 7.2 (55) but never got as low as the 5.9. Neither were large babies and despite starting out higher, I did control my blood glucose tightly. My last hba1c was 50 and I am around 5 1/2 weeks now. It is hard work but worth it.

It would not take you long to reduce that 77. But would advise to do so before getting pregnant. I will be honest I never went to preconception clinics. I did it all myself. I did however contact the hospital as soon as I found out.My team are super supportive. I haven't this time. Will wait until I am 6/7 weeks if I get that far!
x

Thanks for your reply how long would it take to reduce that 77? I already have had successful pregnancies whilst being type 1 but my hba1c was better then. I have three sons my oldest is 7 he was born just under three weeks early natural birth he weighed 7lb 8oz same with my second boy exactly three years later. My third boy was over three weeks early and he was 9lb 10 I had to have a section with him. It was elective though. All the best with your pregnancy sweetie < 3 xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->