Pregnancy and my apprenticeship

C

cloudytimes

Hi everyone, I recently found out I am pregnant and am in a state of shock, but at the same time I am quite excited.
Last month I ran out of my contraceptive pill and I was unable to go back to the chemist to pick up some more because by the time I am back from work, it is shut. I naively thought because I have pcos, and have only been off the pill a month, nothing could possibly happen. How wrong was I. Last night on way back from work I purchased a pregnancy test from pound land, because i had some nagging symptoms like pms but no period turned up... and to my hugest disbelief, it came back positive. I have also heard these tests are accurate.

I live with my mum, step dad and boyfriend in the same house, none of which I have told yet. Should I take more tests to be 100% sure? I also have work to worry about, I'm on a yearly apprenticeship with a small business working with animals which finishes in October, but I am absolutely petrified to tell my boss/ Co workers incase I'm judged and fired. (None of them have kids)
I have also worked out I am about 5 weeks pregnant.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated :wacko:

Home pregnancy tests are very accurate. I'd say if you've had a positive there is no need to take another. I'd make an appointment with your family doctor so they can confirm and give you some direction of what to do next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->