Pregnancy/Breast Feeding/ Morning Sickness

armywife11

Mom to Two
Reaction score
I am curious if anyone who breastfeed while pregnant had to deal with morning sickness because of it and what you did that helped it. Right now I am dry heaving but keeping things down. Last pregnancy I did end up on Zofran at 7 or 8 weeks. I know the breastfeeding is causing it to be stronger because I am getting sick around the times she nurses.

She is only nursing right before bed and once during the night. I go to bed with food in my stomach and I drink water during the night. As soon as I get up I eat breakfast and I take my prenatals after I eat.

Let down always makes the sickness worse for me, but I found over all the nausea was less than with my first pregnancy.

The good is since she nurses at night I can just sleep through it, but I am waking up sick now. I had no ideal nursing could make you so queasy while pregnant. Somehow missed that chapter in the book lol

I found the third trimester the worst, when nursing longer than 5-10mins causes contractions. Though ultimately disappointing as I never got it to bring on actual labour.

i am still BF my LO, im doing the same like you BF before bed and during the night as i am still co sleeping. what helps me is a bit of toast in the morning and whenever i feel sick with water of course, i lost count with how many pieces of toast i ate lol. i dont think my sickness is linked with BF as it went for a day then came back again. oh i found that sucking ice cubes helped as well. i hope i helped and you feel better soon :hugs:

I went back and checked and I was having nausea with my daughter this early on but not the dry heaving.. I started that at 5 weeks and 6 weeks it was full blown morning sickness. I had my blood drawn today so I talked to OB about it and I can go in to get Zofran anytime I need it, but I want to avoid it if possible. (I ended up on it with her) I started doing the snacks appose to meals and that seemed to help "ease the queas" so to speak, but uggh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->