pregnancy close together?!

buttons80

Reaction score
Help i just got a bfp im on the pill and my baby is 14 weeks old.
i havent told my partner yet im terrified.

has anyone ever had very close together babies and how did it go. was pregnancy/birth harder with little break between?

Help i just got a bfp im on the pill and my baby is 14 weeks old.
i havent told my partner yet im terrified.

has anyone ever had very close together babies and how did it go. was pregnancy/birth harder with little break between?

Hi, its normal to be terrified at first, I was the same way, my daughter was 3 months when i got pregnant again, but after awhile i actually started to feel fine about it. For me DH actually handled better than me and was telling me how it was going to be fine. Honestly the pregnancy hasnt been too bad and im glad they will be close in age now. Im due in abt 3 weeks and my DD turns 1 in 2 weeks. So yeah im little nervous about handling both of them but i decided to have a positive outlook about it and believe its going to be just fine and my DH is really helpful. Also when i got to 3rd trimester and was starting to feel more tired i just napped with her when she took a nap.

I'll be honest - with a year's gap between them (literally 1yr 1wk if you go on number 1's birthday and number 2's due date - although I went prematurely last time which could happen again) - I'm REALLY struggling physically (and emotionally but that's the after effects of a very horrible birth last time around)... doesn't help that I have really bad SPD again - that's the bulk of the problems I'm having in that I physically can't lift my daughter, or get out and about (I'm hitting the point now where I'm struggling and finding it very painful to drive even) - other than that I'd just be dealing with tiredness, indigestion and feeling a bit pants and probably a lot brighter than I am though.

No way on this earth I'd be able to do it if we didn't hit the jackpot with a good sleeper with number 1 though!

I am due in just over a week and there will be a 14 month gap between mine.

When I found out I was pregnant I was scared at first and then felt guilty about that as we'd tried for a baby for nearly 2 years and had a loss before we had our son.

The thought of looking after a newborn and a teething toddler still scares me, but I figure in a year or so it will be even easier than just having one as they will be able to play together and it wont all be about me, they'll have each other too. That does seem an age away at the moment, but hopefully they'll be close and be able to grow up together.

This pregnancy has been easier than my last. I did have to ship my son off to my parents for a couple of days whilst I dealt with severe morning sickness, but I only had it really bad for a couple of days whereas I had it for weeks with my son. I had really bad pelvic pain before, but I've been fine and actually quite active this time (I've had no choice with a toddler!)I haven't given birth yet so can't tell you if that part was easier.

Have you told your partner yet? Has it managed to sink in at all and are you feeling any better about it?

I'm under no illusion that It will be hard at first, but the benefits down the line will be so nice and hopefully they'll be really close.

There is a group on here already of ladies who already have babies close in age, you might want to check it out and ask their advice here - https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-groups/667044-little-ones-close-age-please-join-us.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->