Pregnancy has turned me into a Hypochondriac!

N

Neecee

I've always been healthy. I've always tried to eat well and exercise. There's absolutely no reason why I should become seriously ill with anything.

So why is it that since becoming pregnant, I seem to have been able to diagnose myself with EVERYTHING going????:shrug: I've turned into such a hypochondriac it's unbelieveable!

In 1st tri, I had shingles, bubonic plague, bird flu, food poisoning, piles and I threw up so badly one night, I was sure I'd actually torn my throat.

Now I'm in 2nd tri, so far I've had chicken pox, acne, piles (again), DVT and this week, due to the start of braxton hicks, I've been in premature labour and due to my feet being slightly swollen, the onset of pre-eclampsia.

I'm not usually a worrier at all but it's getting a bit ridiculous now! In practice, my pregnancy has been fine and healthy (apart from a season of hyperemesis), but in my head, I've had everything!:hissy:

Its prob cause youre looking into things more now as your pregnant hun and worried about coming down with something!!

probably because your a lot more cautious and aware of every little niggle. The mothering instinct because you know you've got something so precious to protect.

:hug:

Same here..... I havent eaten a chinese takeaway, favorite chicken, indian takeaway, kebabs, carribean takeaway food for the last 5 months cos im convinced i'll get food poisoning from it..... im sooooo hungry :(

Pregnancy has turned me crazy... I had a brief thought about the umbilical cord and am now convinced its far too long and baby will get tangled in it

It's true! Sometimes the internet can be a blessing and a curse! I don't think I even put this much research into my studies when I was at uni!

I'm actually compiling a list at the back of my pregnancy diary of all the things that I was never told but have experienced so far - including all the totally mental stuff!

I spend far too much time googling stuff. I really need to sit back and just chill out.

Same here..... I havent eaten a chinese takeaway, favorite chicken, indian takeaway, kebabs, carribean takeaway food for the last 5 months cos im convinced i'll get food poisoning from it..... im sooooo hungry :(

Pregnancy has turned me crazy... I had a brief thought about the umbilical cord and am now convinced its far too long and baby will get tangled in it

Me too - but I was worried about the baby tying it in knots or chomping on it and cutting off its supply!

I am so sorry I giggled at the bubonic pleague bit! lol

I cut my throat being sick loads in the first and early second when I was really ill. I had convinced myself I wasnt pregnant and dying of some nasty disease. I couch potato ass now from it all. I am just blaming pregnancy on everything as I was fine before.

Oh the cord thing does get to me as mine bounces round loads so I am afraid of it cloths lining itself in there! eekkk!

And can I add toxoplasmosis to my list? Hubby cooked jacket potatoes once and I couldn't eat it because there was a rough brown bit on my potato and I was convinced it was dirt!

Me too - but I was worried about the baby tying it in knots or chomping on it and cutting off its supply!

i keep thinking this too lol what if baby does a somersault and makes knots in it.

its def the internet, ive never worried about ANYTHING in my previous 2 pregnancys but this time with google at the touch of a button i think i have or am going to get everything!!!!

last time it was what the midwife says goes this time i think shes missing things and not taking me seriously enough lol

:hugs: you are just more aware of your surroundings and the potential of catching certain things. I am sure you are doing fine. :hugs:

here in Canada we had a recent outbreak of Listeriosis, but it did not phase me because it was all the way over on the other side of the country....but just yesterday there was a local outbreak in a factory!!! :shock: It has sort of freaked me out because it is a little close to home, but thankfully i do not eat a lot of premade sandwiches from gas stations. :rofl:

:hug:

p.s. stop googling!!! google is the devil!! it plays with your mind and tends to give you more bad then good. :muaha:

And can I add toxoplasmosis to my list? Hubby cooked jacket potatoes once and I couldn't eat it because there was a rough brown bit on my potato and I was convinced it was dirt!

Yep I have avioded eating things irrationally although the potato would have not been irrational to me. Like if it looks even slightly dodgy its out! I am weary of meat now in case of food poisening and wont even touch an egg no matter how cooked it is. Cause after that if I feel one bit ill I will have convinced myself that I have food poisned. :blush:

I think its natural as you would be worried about harming your baby, if you where not pregnant I bet you would eat a big fry runny eggs and all and not care. I know I would.

I'm the same... I've put it down to not really understanding the changes my bodies going through (in the wa of never feeling them before, I know why they're happening.) And also being scared that something really is wrong...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->