• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pregnancy Related sickness and scoring systems

vegazbaby

Reaction score
Hello looking for help

At work we have bradford factor which records sickness it works by number of occasions times by days off. If you go over 150 points you then start the disciplinary process

Prior to this week my score was 72

1 occasion (ear infection) 1 Day
2nd Occasion (miscarriage) 17 Days

so it was 2 (occasions) x 2 (occasions) x 18 (total days) 72

however i had really bad morning sickness this week and i went home after two hours at work,

so now its 3 x 3 x 19 = 171 so im over 150 and now have to have a hearing.

im going to have to have a hearing with HR and have been told the outcome will probably be mitigating circumstances as its pregnancy related.

i thought that you shouldnt record pregnancy related conditions in scoring systems so therefore why am i having a hearing? are they wrong to put me through the process or should i go through the process where they say its pregnancy related so its ok

any thoughts

Hi hun, You are in the UK so they cannot use any pregnancy related sickness against you. It is sexual discrimination. You should not even be having this hearing, regardless of the outcome probably being 'mitigating circumstances'

They can have a 'meeting' with you to see if there's anything they can do to help you & discuss the sickness but it should not be recorded on your main sickness record at all.

Hope this helps, please let me know if you need any further info as I deal with HR issues a lot in my job & also my mum is a HR manager & so if I can't help I always have someone who can :thumbup:

Good luck & I hope you feel better soon :hugs:

xx

thank you this is really helpful, as i understand it they should bracket off the misarriage and morning sickness and leave me with the ear infection which would be a score of 1 , i know i still wouldnt be entitled to pay but like you say i they shouldnt even be wasting my time digging up old mc history.

i will let you know how i get on, thanks for you help

Yep that's right, just the one occasion.

& I'm really sorry for your previous loss, hope you have a happy & healthy pregnancy this time :hugs:

xx

Time off sick for pregnancy and your sickness record

Time that you take off sick because of an illness resulting from your pregnancy, such as high blood-pressure, shouldn’t count towards your sickness record at work. This includes any time you take off because of a miscarriage.

If you are disciplined or dismissed because of your sickness record when you're pregnant, this may be discrimination. You should get advice.

If your employer decides to dismiss you for taking too much time off sick when that time was due to being pregnant, this is likely to be pregnancy and maternity discrimination. You can make a claim to an employment tribunal about this.

If you take time off because of an illness connected with your pregnancy, or because of a miscarriage, this should be recorded. You might want to keep your own records of time you have taken off sick because of your pregnancy.

Not all time taken off sick when you’re pregnant may be to do with your pregnancy. For example, you may have a cold or the flu. If you’re off sick for a reason which has nothing to do with your pregnancy, this can be treated the same as the usual sick pay policy.

https://www.adviceguide.org.uk/engl...f_sick_for_pregnancy_and_your_sickness_record

As everyons said they shouldnt even be including it on the system. our work has a similar process and had three months off sick with PND and its recorded sepratly. Any absence related processes for me dont include this time off as even tho its after the pregnancy its still covered by the sex discrimination rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->