Pregnancy rhinitis

arturia

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I seem to have this bad right now. I feel constantly as if I have a dry inflamed nose. Maybe it's partially because it's winter (I live in cold, cold, Canada and the outdoor humidity sucks) and maybe partially because I suspect I have sinus issues, but I always feel a little tired because I can't breathe properly.

I'm planning to pick up a saline spray bottle in the hopes that this helps somewhat, but does anyone have any other suggestions? I can't exactly carry a humidifier everywhere. :haha:

I used Nasacort through most of my first pregnancy. That seemed to help open up my nose more. Now at 11 weeks again, I am trying to not have to mouth breathe when I take the stairs. The saline will absolutely help with the dry stuff. And keep the rest of you hydrated-- lots of water!

If it gets bad for me again, I'm going to use a saline rinse more often. I'm in the south, but with low humidity right now and some warm days means there is plenty of pollen starting up.

I've been sneezing and blowing my nose constantly for the last 3 weeks. Per my doctors I've been taking Zyrtec and Flonase nasal spray for a week or two. Unfortunately haven't noticed much if any difference.

I have had a stuffed up nose for almost 4 months :( no other symptoms so allergies and cold and other things are ruled out. They told me it can just happen sometimes in pregnancy. I've tried medicine, nasal spray, a humidifier, etc. Nothing has helped! I will try a neti pot next. I would just love to be able to breathe again!

I have been on Zyrtec for allergic rhinitis since August, no change with pregnancy. My kids seem to have lost their allergy symptoms though, so it may be pregnancy rhinitis now as I'm the only one still taking Zyrtec! My doctor ok'd it, it's category B. It does seem to help for me, although not complete cure.

It is also helpful for insomnia as it is somewhat drowsy for me, I take it before bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->