Pregnancy / Text Buddy - July 30th 2011 - UK

Miss Boo

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

My name is Rebecca and I'm around 15 weeks pregnant with our long-awaited 1st baby! I am 29 years old and married to my truly amazing hubby, Daniel.

I'm an only child from a tiny family which means I have zero experience of pregnancy in others and my gal-pals are all loving living the single life.

Would really love a Bump Buddy to share in all this excitement! You wanna?
:
:flower:

Hi hun

I'm Angie and due 30th july - also having my first baby with my partner - i'm 31 and also a only child from a small family :flower:

xxx

Hey Angie :)

Great to hear from you :D My official date is 30th but I had a scare the other day and when she scanned me she said 25th - I'm hoping for 30th tho! She said it could just be a big'un! Yikes!

Were you trying for long or is lo and pleasant surprise?

yep my midwife said lo was going to be big one too - i had a bleed at 6 weeks so was scanned at 6,8 and 12 weeks and each scan they kept putting my date forward
i got pregnant on our 3rd month of trying so yes quite quick what about you?

xxx

We too fell on our 3rd month of trying (started trying on our honeymoon) but due to my health it has taken us several years to be in a position where we could try to fall - if that makes sense?!?

Hoping it's not a whopper!!! I was 7lb6?, Hubby was 4lb10 but much to my horror my grandpa was 14lb3!!!!!! Praying those genes don't kick in!!!!!

You had many symptoms?

wow 14lb thats eye watering - i was 8lb 7 not sure about oh

well you was lucky in that when you was in the position to try it didnt take long

It was funny because i was waiting for the ms and sore boobs etc but nothing - that of course made me worry but now i know i'm just lucky that i feel totally normal apart from weeing every hour

are you going to find out the sex

xxx

Yeah, really lucky to have fallen so quickly after being ready to try but not safe to do so for years.

Perhaps I got all your symptoms too then, ha ha!!!

Yeah, we want to know - what about you? xx

ha ha - have you been bad then

Yep i have booked a private scan for the 22nd feb when i will be just over 17 weeks - the nhs here wont tell u the gender at 20 weeks so we have to pay.
Have you booked your 16 weeks appointment with your midwife yet
I'm so ahead of myself :haha:

xxx

Worse than I could ever have imagined - constant throwing up - doesn't go down so well at a black tie new years eve event I can tell ya!!! :D

Yep got my 16 wk apt on valentine's day and 20 wk on 15th march - crikey hope they'll tell us the sex or I'll be back down the private clinic!!!

You got any vibes about what you're having? xxx

I have mine on the 17th as i couldnt get anytime off work before them

Ohhh that sounds terrible - i feel so lucky now :hugs:
i'm thinking boy because of the lack of symptoms

did u invest in a doppler

xxx

I'm can't decide about the Doppler - I am a super paranoid worrier at the best of times! I can't decide whether it'll help with the anxiety or make it worse if I can't hear anything due to my general incompetence!!!! Have you? Are they easy to use? xxx

I'm can't decide about the Doppler - I am a super paranoid worrier at the best of times! I can't decide whether it'll help with the anxiety or make it worse if I can't hear anything due to my general incompetence!!!! Have you? Are they easy to use? xxx

yep i got one

well even with the extra padding i have and a anterior placenta i found it at 13 weeks and i can find it in a minute or 2 now. But you have to be prepared that it may be hidding or run away from the doppler my little sod does that alot.
Its knowing what area to look that is the key

xxx

Even when the woman at the clinic was scanning me, I wasn't sure what I was listening for so perhaps I'm best without one!!!! Lol xxx

Ha ha - when you have played about with one you get to know your own sounds - it's quite funny really - there is no mistaking baby when you do - I recorded it and posted it on my journal I will try and find it as it was only a week ago and post it here :cloud9:

xxx

No way, that sounds so cool! Are you having lots of discomfort at the mo? We're at the stage where there's a big growth spurt I believe - so uncomfortable these last few days!!!!

yeah i have actually - lots of gas and bits of cramping and pelvic pain - so glad its the weekend

here it is https://tinypic.com/r/2i6lwz6/7

xxx

Ha ha me too - pregnancy is just so attractive isn't it?!? I've never felt sexier LOL!!!

I could not be more glad that it's the weekend! I've been dead on my feet all day - thought I might drop off when I was teaching science earlier!!!!

The last few days I've found that I am ravenous within a hour or so of eating!!!! It's like baby is taking EVERYTHING and saying "mine mine mine" ha!

My touch won't play your link - will have to check it out on the laptop when I'm logged on :)

wooo hoooo it's Friday! Thank god!!!! You got any exciting plans?!? xxx

Ohhhh yes the hunger has been really bad - baby loved haribo at the moment :haha:
I have felt tired the last few days even after 9 hours but I'm up about 4 or 5 times in the night weeing.

No plans at all this weekend apart from tesco delivering my shopping- what a exciting life I now lead

xxx

Mmmmmmm haribo!!!! Now I want some 'bears' - yum!!!

I know!!! I'm bipolar so when I'm ill my sleep pattern is a mess but until pregnancy I would sleep like a baby the whole night thru - not anymore! I spend a least 4 nights a week on the sofa after waking at around 2 am, so frustrating!!!!

xxx

ahhh poor you :flower:
I sleep walk to the toilet and back :haha:

Been eating more haribo today - been starving all day

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member