Pregnancy / Text Buddy - July 30th 2011 - UK

Due to your inspiration I am currently munching on a bag of tesco's 'teeth and lips' ha ha

:rofl: omg i love teeth and lips - i want them now :haha:

xxx

They are awesome!!! Although to be fair they smell even better - I could happily just sniff the bag all day :)

You had any weird 'turns' at all? I was visiting my mum in hospital yesterday as she's just had surgery and as soon as I walked on the ward my vision went, I went red hot and started to black out! So embarrassing!!! Visit mum and then go funny as soon as I arrive!!! The nurses suggested I go down to a & e but I refused. Dan was mocking me saying "trust you to steal the limelight" ha ha!!!

i totally get the smell thing

That sounds terrible - my mum had a few bad turns like that around this time and warned me so been taking it really easy and touch wood nothing yet.
I did real heavy feelings last night followed by stitch pains - guessing its growing pains

xxx

Yeah, I've been feeling very tender for the last week or so - I feel like I'm walking like I'm pregnant at the mo, if you get what I mean?

So did you manage to top the excitement of the tesco man coming? We ventured out to mothercare - I ended up getting completely confused by 'travel systems' and returned home with just a maternity bra, lol!

i know exactly what you mean - like waddling :haha:

Ha ha we ended up in sainsburys as they 1/3 off baby bits so got some nappies :thumbup: so added to the excitment of the weekend

I'm lucky with prams as i used to sell them many moons ago and still kept upto date with it - so i knew what ones i didnt like or where rubbish already - I have known what we are getting for a long time. Just waiting for a deal on ebay and then i will get it

xxx

Waddling is very appropriate! :D

My hubby used to work at Mama's and Papa's many moons ago when he was at uni, so I'm ashamed to say that he actually understands a lot more than I do! What are you going to get? I am so confused by the whole 'travel system' idea - it gives the impression that you get everything you need but then says "add a car seat for £...." ugh hate feeling so bloomin' clueless! I might just give up and buy a pram and a car seat completely separate from each other - he keeps telling me that they clip in but without a demonstration I have no idea what I'm getting for my money!!!

Plus, I am all for ebay but hubby is refusing to buy anything like that on there - he's so paranoid!

Any cravings today? I NEED new potatoes with salad cream - mmmmmmm :D

I love ebay - its a shame he is dead against it as some of the prams on there are like brand new.
I'm getting one called a brio sing - its a unknown make but much like a icandy but just £200 cheaper than one - my friend got a brio on my recommendation last year and loves it. Yes i know its stupid but you add the car seat - some places will do pram, pushchair and car seat for one price and others will have it as a add on.
The reason its great to have a travel system is because if baby is asleep you can take the car seat out of the car and clip it on the wheels its so easy and doesnt wake the baby up and you get everything alot cheaper that way.

A few things to help and to look out for are
Does the pushchair face both ways (if you want that of course)
How easy it is to fold and how heavy it is
The general ease of using it like taking and putting the car seat on the wheels
look out for air filled tyres - my friend got a icandy apple and keeps getting puntures in her wheels and also you do have to now and then pump the wheels up - this is the main reason i went for foam wheels
Lastly make sure it fits in your boot and the car seat is suitable for your car as some cars seat belts dont fit around certain car seats.

Today i'm eating haribo again but really want roast potatoes so oh is making some :thumbup:

xxx

Hey Hun!

How were your roast potatoes? Good? I had my new potatoes and salad cream but by the time we got around to cooking, the urge had passed, ha ha!

Thanks so much for the advice - I will bear that in mind! Are there any makes that you would steer clear of? (no pun intended!)

xxx

Omg they were So good
getting beef casserole tonight I'm starving as usual

hmmm personally I don't do graco they are just too bulky as is the silvercross linear other than that I have heard really bad reports about the mothercare spin and mothercare my3 and my4 - other than that it's all personal choice
I wanted to be against the norm of iCandy and bugaboo.

Still got that real heavy feeling and it made me feel rough this afternoon

xxx

Oh my! Beef casserole sounds amazing!!! Hubby made chicken and vegetable soy stir fry which was delicious, healthy and as a result I'm starving again! It wouldn't be a problem if I was skinny - ha no chance!!!!

It's weird my stomach feels less heavy today but the other day I felt really pregnant - bizarre! xxx

yeah i have felt really pregnant today

oh yum that sounds nice - the casserole was lovely
I wish i could stop thinking about food :haha:

xxx

Ha ha I hear ya on that!!!! I've never been one to feel hungry - before, I could easily go 24 hours having forgotten to have eaten! My stomach is rumbling constantly these days, regardless of how much low GI food I eat! xxx

Hey!

How are you? Wow am I glad that it's Friday!!!!! Woo hoo!!! Hubby and I have a private scan booked tomorrow to find out which name we'll be needing :)

How has your week been? I have now stopped being sick and have graduated on to passing out and hot flushes, ha ha!!!

Omg that doesn't sound nice but I'm glad the sickness has gone - been very tired this week had about 10 hours a night
just had my cast off today So I'm able to have a nice bath and chill tonight
it's rus's birthday tommorow so I should think we will be doing something
I'm sooo jealous your having your scan tommorow ours is on Wednesday - I'm saying a girly for you

xxx

You've had a cast on? What did you do???? Doubly not fun when your preggo!!!

Is Russ your oh? What did u get up to? We're off to an ice hockey match tonight - we're taking our virgin mates to their 1st ever match :)

We had our scan this morning - I decided to get a DVD of the scan as my mum is stuck in hospital and thought it would cheer her right up (it did!!!) We took Dan's best friends/best men with us to come in halfway thru the scan as they are almost as excited as us!!! Everytime I've been scanned, baby has been a total fidget-a** but was super lazy today and wouldn't wake - sonographer told me I should have eaten a choc bar and coke just before as the sugar rush would have fixed that! Ha! So you were right, we're having a little girl :D

Our friends were absolutely gob-smacked and blown away by the scan - one even had tears in his eyes! Bless!!!

You got any gut feelings about the gender? I was adamant I was having a boy for 1st 3 months and then 4 weeks ago I said to Dan "Im getting girl vibes" weird!!!

xxxxx

Yayyyy a girl oh that must have been so exciting for you I hope when we tell people we get the same reaction you did - I always thought you were having a girl because of your sickness and me a boy because of the no sickness - I'm so convinced I shall be really surprised and shocked if it's a girl.

Yep Rus is my oh - we didn't do much just went out for a curry and then one drink on the way home in our local - it's the first time we have been since my pregnancy news became public and everyone was really happy for us.

I fell over my own shoes put my left out and the full force went on it and I broke my wrist and was put in a cast for 4 weeks it was so painful and a struggle to do anything Rus had to take over all the washing and cleaning duties - now the cast is off it's stiff and sore but I will get there - I'm just glad it's off for our weekend break to the south coast next Friday.

Did you have a good night

xxx

Oh my goodness - you fell over your shoe? That is sooooo the sort of thing that I would do - I am reknowned for my klutziness! I once broke my toe making the bed - go figure! I also managed to get 3rd degree burns on my hands 5 days before my wedding - jumping out of a tree and grabbing the rope I'd been told not to grab on a school residential - long story!!!

Not everyone was quite as thrilled - Dan's dad actually said, "Oh no!" and shook his head and my bestie screamed "Noooooooo" (Monica from friends stylee) but later claimed it was only coz she hates being wrong and was convinced that it was a boy, haha! You would think that people would at least pretend to be pleased - bizarre!

Having said that, during the scan the 2 sonographers said "It's a girl, we're certain" but then a few minutes later, one of them who had been on the other side of the room came back and I heard her say to the other, "Looking at it from that angle...no that's just the cord isn't it?" HA! I asked her about it later and she said there had been a moments doubt! So will be REALLY interesting to see what they say at our NHS scan next month!

So yours is on Wednesday right? You must be so excited - the wait must be awful! I only booked our scan 2 days before so thankfully didn't have too long to get impatient and fret that we were doing the wrong thing, ha!

Oooh weekend break to the coast - that sound cool! Where you going?

Will send you a PM with my email as replying on here on the 'touch' can be really fiddly at times :D

yep fell over my shoe - i'm also very accident prone but its usually when i have been drinking so i have no excuse really :haha:

I often wander if we will get mixed responses when we tell people the sex - i havent really thought about it until it got closer and now i'm really nervous about wednesday - at least you get to clarify it with your 20 week scan - they dont tell you a thing around here.

i cant wait for a break to be honest - we are going just outside of hastings - been there a few times - its mainly because it only takes around a hour and a half to get there.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->