• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

pregnancy ticker that doesn't count to your due date?

NDH

5 on earth, 9 in heaven, 1 in utero
Reaction score
I dont know where else to ask this. I've had no luck and hoping its just because I haven't stumbled upon the right search parameters yet and not because it doesn't exist.

Does anyone know if there's such a thing as a pregnancy ticker that ONLY tracks how many weeks pregnant you are and not "how many are left" as well? I found one that looked promising at birthing naturally and it tracked towards a home birth, but it asked for your due date (and also the only ticker options showed the gender of the baby(s):/) so I was disappointed to find the text said "approximately x many days until my home birth", counting down to 40 weeks once id created one :(

I am wanting to keep track of how many weeks pregnant I am, but wanting to shed the stigma of pregnancy being 40 weeks by not having a due date and countdown to 4 weeks displayed.

If there isn't, someone totally needs to develop one

I know what you mean! I couldn't find any except the one I'm using below. I guess at least it says "about" instead of giving an exact time frame!
When people ask me when I'm "due" irl though, I always just say "February" (since weeks 37-42ish take place in February for me). It's funny how many people get annoyed when I don't give an exact date though!

I did find the one youre using and initially got excited, but was majorly disappointed to find that it still counted down to 49 weeks, even if it does just say about :(
Then I found one that let you choose a few different ways to display the count down, and one option only counted how many days pregnant you are and didn't show how many to go at all. Counting in days instead of weeks seemed a bit odd, but I went with it for a while. Until I discovered that it stopped counting at 280 days pregnant and said "I'm a happy mum!" With no way to change it :/ I'd rather my ticker stop counting down to 40 but keep counting up past 42 weeks than stop entirely :wacko:
This lilypie one is the best I was able to come across as at least you can adjust the length of term by changing your due date, and using the LMP date to track how many weeks you are.

This is a huge issue actually in perpetuating the due date myth, and I think we ought to start contacting the creators of these tickers and ask for a ticker option that removes the due date.

I just looked through about 15 different trackers and didn't find one that didn't have the "days left" section! Unfortunately, I'm not skilled enough at programming to make my own or I totally would!

Yeah that was my thought too - wanting to make my own but lacking the skills. I seriously spent an entire day scouring the internet for a ticker without the days left.

Maybe you can play around with this more customizable ticker. It let's you count down or up as well as use your own wording. It's the best I could find.

Pregnancy
https://www.tickerclub.com/tickers/pregnancy/

Generic:
https://www.tickerclub.com/tickers/event/

^^ thats the one I found that I mentioned in a previous post. It displays days pregnant and then abruptly ends at 280 days (40 weeks on the nose) so useless for anyone who gestates longer than 40 weeks. :(
But thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->