Pregnant after a 25 weeker

Agiboma

ME+DS+DD+DH
Reaction score
Incredibly nervous and totally on the fence here, after having Micah @ 25 weeks mostly due to my IC and failed TVC, preeclamsi and GD. I am really looking for some inspiration. Anyone pregnant and feeling the same? Or perhapes you had a termie after a premie?

Many congratulations!!!! I remember when you had your son! :cloud9:

my little girl Brooke was born at 32w due to severe Pre-E and later, HELLP syndrome. she was 2lb 4oz and my pre-e came on suddenly; a month of symptoms and my body was shutting down. I spent a week in ICU and Brooke 5 weeks in NNICU.

my second baby was born 8 days late, no signs whatsoever of pre-e, weighed 7lb 10.5oz and was born naturally after a 22 hour labour.

I'm now pregnant with my third and hoping for the best. just take the pregnancy one day at a time, and keep calm. you'll be under consultant care so use that opportunity to discuss your fears and things with him/her.

good luck. wishing you a happy and healthy NINE months :kiss: x x

Hi hon,

I can imagine you must be terrified, I was!

Are they doing anything differently with regard to your IC? Was your TVC placed early or as a rescue stitch?

My TVC also failed and my first little girl was born at 24 weeks. Sadly I got an infection and she passed in utero. My TVC was placed at 18 weeks, so not early but not a rescue stitch either.

Following the loss of my first daughter I had an abdominal cerclage placed and carried my son to term.

Wishing you lots of luck and an uneventful 8 months for you. Xx

Congratulations

My last baby was born at 28+6 weighing 1lb 8oz due to pre eclampsia, iugr, low fluid, cord failure etc etc

I'm now 26+2 weeks pregnant again and it's terrifying, there's always that risk of it happening again but the outlook always is better when being looked after so well.
I'm already showing PE signs with slightly high bp and +protien, but because they picked that up quick they have put me on a daily dose of aspirin and I'm having my bp and uring checked every 2 weeks. I'm also being scanned every 4 weeks to keep track of growth and cord function.

There's a very good chance of this baby going full term.

But of course there's a slight chance things can go wrong but with being monitored this time it can be treatable if caught early enough.

U will have better monitoring this time too so anything that may happen will be picked up in time

Good luck Hun

Thanks all @ Jadeyb my original tvc was placed at 15 weeks began to funnel @ 20 weeks then had another placed @ 24 weeks which held for another 10 days until i had my son because that one was also failing. My only option this pregnancy IMO is the abdominal cercelage and hopefully pre e and gd stay away. I guess im just hopeful to take home a baby this time around.

No advise as can't quite work up the courage to try again but wanted to say congratulations :flower:

Oh Agiboma congratulations hun!

@25weeker i am not sure what to call how i feel now terrified pretty much sums it up.
@atomic pink thanks very much im hoping to get a similar experience like you had with your termie:thumbup:

I'm pleased you are aware of the abdominal cerclage. I know it's not very common in some areas. Are you having one placed?

I forgot to say congratulations. :) xx

I'm pleased you are aware of the abdominal cerclage. I know it's not very common in some areas. Are you having one placed?

Thanks jadeyb I cant say what this site and other preemie support forums mean to me OMG. Without reading about some of the preemie mom's on this site that shared their expereince of pregnancy after a preemie i dont think i would have summon the courage to ever get pregnant again. Well the hospital where my perientologist is at they do Abdominal cerclage, im just in Africa right now and planning my return home to Canada in the next few weeks, do you know what week they usually perform the abdominal cerclage @.

Congrats :)

I had my lb at 25+5 due to infection. I am now 19 weeks pregnant and like u terrified just trying to relax xx

Thanks jadeyb I cant say what this site and other preemie support forums mean to me OMG. Without reading about some of the preemie mom's on this site that shared their expereince of pregnancy after a preemie i dont think i would have summon the courage to ever get pregnant again. Well the hospital where my perientologist is at they do Abdominal cerclage, im just in Africa right now and planning my return home to Canada in the next few weeks, do you know what week they usually perform the abdominal cerclage @.

Hi hon,

Usually between 11-13 weeks. Xx

@gemlou congrats on your pregnancy, im also trying to relax the best i could
@jadyb thanks for letting me know

Congratulations! I had a 28 weeker, then went on to deliver a 35 weeker. I imagine he would have stayed put longer had I been on strict cervical rest though! Good luck! :)

Congratulations!! I hope everything goes well this time.

We are talking (cautiously!) about starting to try again next month, and I'm terrified! We had a chat with the obstetrician recently and he told us to go for it and that with all the monitoring, I'd actually be safer next time round but I'm still scared....

xxxx

Thanks Katy @ first i was terrified when i found out but now im becoming hoppefully optimistic

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->