Pregnant after a D&C

Tinks1985

Reaction score
Hi. In new to this and was looking for some advice/info.

I'm 26 and found out I was pregnant in the middle of April 2011 which was unexpected but we were happy and had my first midwife appointment on 11th may and it was thought I may have been 13 weeks pregnant and had to go for a scan on 13th may and was told there was no heartbeat and had miscarried at 6 weeks, my partner and I were devastated. I had to go in to hospital for a D&C on the 17th may. I bled from that day until 27th may and since then I have had unprotected sex.*

I have been told after a pregnancy or miscarriage you are more fettle than usual so decided to take a test. I took a clear blue test on 2nd June and came back with 1-2 weeks pregnant but was told this could be due to my increased hormone levels from being pregnant the 1st time so have taken another test today 8th June and it still says 1-2 weeks pregnant.*

Should I be happy about this or am I just jumping the gun?

Please help thanks xx*

im going through wht you have...went on tuesday for my first scan...was supposed to be 10weeks but baby measured only 8 weeks with no heartbeat so im scheduled for a D&C tuesday...
But from what i have heard from other women...your hormones are still very high aafter the D&C and its best to wait till they go down...so once you get a neg. test is prolly best time to start trying again...thats mean ur levels are back to normal or very close to.

I was still getting faint positves two weeks after my D&C....but that is not to say that you are not pregnant. I would just wait a week or two and test again.

Sorry for your loss.

I am sorry for your loss.

i agree that it may be the hormones left in your body from the pregnancy you lost, but equally I wouldn't just assume that this is what it is. If the hormone levels are still decreasing this could be why it is showing up as 1 - 2 weeks, as you have a similar amount left in you.

I'd give it another week or so and test again.

Good luck xx

im not saying that is what it is...just saying thats what i've heard...giving you a little information....until i completely go through it i cant give u personal answers...and believe me hun i hope it is a BFP for you....id give anything in the world to get this D&C over with and get back to TTC and get my BFP so soon....

Hi Tinks - I had something similar happen. In March I had my 2nd MC (spontaneous). Bleeding lasted for about 10 days and was told by Dr. not to have sex for 14 days. The rest of that month we only did the BD 2 times. We were not trying to get PG but we weren't using any protection either. At about day 37 of waiting for AF (which they said could be off due the MC) I decided to just take a HPT for the heck of it. I did not expect it to be BFP... well it was. I was in shock!! I called my doctors office to ask if it was possible that this was still HGC left in my system from the MC but they said it was not. I went in for testing and was I was definitely PG. Unfortunately it ended badly for me again last month... they saw the fetal pole but no HB. MC #3 and I had to have a D&C
I am sending lots of baby dust your way that your results will be better. Good luck!
:dust: :dust: :dust:

I handed a urine sample to my doctor on 13th June and results came back 17thas negative so I think my hormone levels are back to normal but still have had no period (today is 22nd June) how do I know if or when I am ovulating? We are having unprotected sex should I be pregnant or should I worry that I'm not?

Please help x

Hi hun,
From your first post you say that you had a d and c on 17th of may. After my erpc I was told that my period would most likely come within 4 to 6 weeks after. In your case you didn't get a negative test straight away, so the 4 to 6 weeks will only start from when yoy are getting negative tests and your body does not think it is pregnant anymore. From your dates hun I think you should maybe give yourself another couple of weeks and then see your doctor if nothing is happening still. They can give you something to help your body get back to normal. It is very common not to ov at all for a couple of cycles after a mc. Do you track your temp or use opk's etc? I just let my body rest for the first cycle as I had a few complications which made the mc quite a drawn out process. I am on my 2nd cycle now ttc and will be using my cbfm as my cycles have lengthened by about 5 days since having the mc.
Good luck hun and keep us posted xx

Tinks - like Pink said I would give yourself a couple more weeks. Did they test your HCG levels after the MC? Usually the "timer" starts basically when that level gets back to almost zero. My AF started about a normal cycle (28 days) after my D&C both times.

Hiya! No iv not tracked anything and my HCG levels weren't tested either the only test I have had is the preg test done by my docs and I'm guessing by it conical g back as meg then hormone levels back to normal. Since I have had the test back I have gad a few tummy cramps but have not been the same as normal period cramps. Any idea what that could be?xxx

Gosh I'm not sure. If you don't get your AF soon I would definitely see the doc just to be sure nothing else is going on.

I know this is gonna sound a bit thick but what AF? I'm new to all this my pregnancy happened by accident one I hadn't planned for but since losing my baby it's all I want now. xx

I know this is gonna sound a bit thick but what AF? I'm new to all this my pregnancy happened by accident one I hadn't planned for but since losing my baby it's all I want now. xx

After my first D+C on March 1, I got a negative HPT exactly 2 weeks after the procedure. I NEVER bleed after the procedure and my first AF=period after the D+C was about 40 days later, then my cycles (were about 27 days prior to that pregnancy) returned to normal, I had 2 cycles, then got preggo with this last one that ended in MC at 5w3 on 06/12. with the first I never had any HCG drawn. With this one I had them drawn on the night of MC began they were 55, not quite 24 hrs after they were 48, then this past Wed I had them redrawn and they were at 15, but the HPT was negative, normal non pregnancy HCG should be 0-5. I have been checking OPKs and have not ovulated. If you were to count the first day of the MD as CD1 I should get a + OPK tommorrow, but I am thinking my cycle will not start until the HCG is at 0. I don;t know either and also am very confused.

I am thinking after your procedure you bleed, then eventually it stopped, the next time you bleed would be a real AF=period. Most MDs will say after a D+C wait for your first AF to TTC, so the first day you start bleeding again will be CD1, or at least that is how I understand it.when they do the D+C they most likely scrape the uterine lining out some, so there is less for a fertilized egg to implant into. A natural MC with no intervention is thought to be believed there is more of a lining left so a thicker enviroment for the egg to implant. My experience is after the D+C, no bleeding after AF 40 days later, then 2nd AF 27 days later (so 2 cycles after) and I still MC that pregnancy so who the heck knows.

Sorry for your loss!! <3 Again not sure what CD1 is, I know I should really know this stuff but I don't but I started my period yesterday ( 25th june ) so need to wait and see how long the bleeding lasts I was told by a nurse it may last longer than usual. How soon after it stops do you start ovulating again.

CD1 is the first day of a new cycle, or the first day you start to bleed with a new period. As for when you ovulate, unless you track all your temperatures and symptoms on a chart, there is no real way to pin-point when you ovulate. It could really be anytime during your cycle, but on AVERAGE its usually supposed to be about 14 days before the start of a new cycle.

So in an average 28 day cycle, this would be on day 14..but sometimes women have longer cycles. A 32 day cycle would NORMALLY put ovulation around day 18. There are situations though where some women ovulate closer to the beginning of a cycle or closer to the end. There is no sure fire sign or indicator though, it's pretty much a game of chance. If there were a sure fire sign, then a lot of us women wouldn't be in here, and would already be over in the pregnancy section.

Ok so I had my first period since mc on 25th may and it stopped on 28th may my ovulation calendar said I should be ovulating now but took an ovulating test and this was negative... Please help xx

Your cycle may not return to normal for a bit - some peoples don't. I am a few months out for my d&c (feb this year) and i have no idea when I am going to ovulate this month. Though I was going to a few times in the last few days but temp is not rising like it should :shrug:

With OPKs my understanding is that you need to test a couple of times a day from a few days out from when you expect ovulation and keep testing until you get a clear positive. But this is only from what I have read as I don't OPK (ovulation predictor kits).

Hope this helps. :hugs:

I'm so confused - I really want a baby we have been having sex every day since I stopped bleeding after my D&C and nothing - is that normal ??

Tinks - give your body some time to recover. It can take a while for your body to get back to a normal cycle. Plus it might not be ready to carry again. Give it some time, I'm sure the last thing you want is to get pregnant right away only to have it end in another MC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->