Pregnant after Mirena removal? Help please

Becky81

Mummy to 1 beautiful girl
Reaction score
Hi, sorry for the potential long post but I'm very confused and hoping for some advice/experience

I had a baby in August 2012 (surprise and found out at 6 weeks) breast fed until 17 weeks then went on the Mirena coil. Had it removed 28th May due to it being painful.
Bled heavily from 30th May to 3rd June (that time length is normal for me before being pregnant but it was a lot heavier then I've ever had.

It's now 18th July and no AF .. Have done 4 tests (none this week) all negative but showing some pregnancy signs. It's hard to compare to previous pregnancy as I had no idea and even then didn't have morning sickness etc

I'm quite confused so if anyone has had similar experiences I'd be grateful of any advice etc please

I bled for a few days following my mirena being removed (mid April) but then it was just over 6 weeks before I had my first true AF.

I then had another AF 30 days later so assumed that they were going to regulate pretty quickly but now on CD34 and no signs of either AF of pregnancy so unsure what is going on!

I think it's pretty common for cycles to be a bit messed up after coming off any kind of long term contraception, even though they say that you become fertile again right away. I know pre kids I had the implant, and when I had that removed I had an AF 3 weeks later that lasted for 3 weeks and then nothing for 3 months. After that AF came roughly every 6 weeks for a while and it was about 9 months altogether before my cycles were what could be considered "regular".

Hope you get the result you're hoping for :flower:

When I had my Mirena removed the doctor told me it could take up to 6 months for everything to return to normal. I had mine taken out in April of 2011 and they returned to normal within 3 full cycles. My guess is that your hormonal regulation hasn't fully returned and this is to be expected. I hope everything turns out ok for you two ladies. Best of wishes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->