Pregnant After Vasectomy?

ssleblanc

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I wanted the opinion of women who were already pregnant.

Okay, so here's the thing, I have a 6 month old, and I got my period back 2 months ago. This period would have been my third period, since my son was born. The previous two were exactly 28 days apart, and were preceded by pms symptoms. (this has always been the case with my period, before I had children). I'm currently 3 days late, and have had no pms symptoms except for yesterday, when I had a pretty horrible headache. Today, I feel fine. I also saw some slight spotting (very slight) yesterday. Today, nothing. I took a clearblue easy pregnancy test the day after my missed period (not with morning urine), and it was very obviously negative. With my last two pregnancies, the test was positive 3 days before my missed period.

I think I ovulated on day 12 of my cycle, because I saw what looked like ovulation spotting (or at least I figured that's what it must have been, though I have never experienced it before). We had unprotected sex on day 18 of my cycle.

Now, here's the thing, the week we had unprotected sex, was week 6 after my husband's vasectomy. He had given his sample a few days before, and they said things looked great. My husband took this to mean he had no sperm, despite them giving him instructions to leave another sample two weeks later. He has since given that sample, and did finally get cleared. I think my husband had the type of vasectomy where they use the clamp. Though, this is apparently a newer type...Anyway, I figure they wouldn't have called him back to leave another sample, if there had been no sperm.

So, yes, has anyone else ever experienced something similar? What are the odds? Is my period just maybe still not back to normal? The only symptom I have had is a headache, and nothing else...

Also, is there a good parenting/pregnancy forum or something where I could post this question?
10 minutes ago - 4 days left to answer. Report Abuse

Additional Details
The instructions on the clearblue easy test said that results were 99 percent accurate on the day of your missed period, and after your missed period it was okay to not use first morning urine. So, I did read the box, and follow the instructions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->