Pregnant almost 1 year to the day after loss

Discussion in 'Pregnancy After A Loss' started by LaurenM., Oct 6, 2013.

1. LaurenM.

LaurenM. Well-Known Member

I just got my pretty strong bfp today after trying again for a year after our loss last oct/nov. And while I am ECSTATIC, I am terrified. I'm using my cei one from my old fertility cycles (still in date). I can't stop worrying? Any thoughts? How did you cope?

2. Topanga053

Topanga053 Well-Known Member

I coped by taking it one day at a time, setting small milestones for myself, and--early on--by focusing on work and things other than the pregnancy.

I found it really helpful to focus on short term goals, like making it to 6 weeks, then making it to our first scan, then making it to the first doctor's apt, etc. setting small goals let me feel more in control and made the whole thing seem so much less scary.

Congrats and good luck!!!

3. ShanesMama

ShanesMama Well-Known Member

^ Totally agree. One day at a time! Good luck :)

4. LaurenM.

LaurenM. Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies!! I took your advice. I've finally made it past my first goal. I wanted to get past the day my period would have arrived (which is when I started bleeding with my chemical). Phew. Thank you so much for the encouragement!!

5. ShanesMama

ShanesMama Well-Known Member