Pregnant and scared.

staky89

Reaction score
Hi, I'm currently 16 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby. My first was born at 28+6 due to severe preeclampsia. I'm so scared it's guna happen again. My consultant has given me asprin to have until baby is born and is sending me for extra scans. I'm also on bp tablets as it's already high.. But runs in the family.
I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance and positive stories. My daughter is now 2 and you would never have guessed she was early. Its just the thought of going through it again. The hospital stay. The ups and downs. The whole thought petrifies me. Everyone keeps saying not to worry and that it's not certain it'll happen again but I can't help but worry.

I'm not currently pregnant but trying to get pregnant with #2 so I cant offer much advice unfortunately. I myself am on aspirin once a day in preparation.

My daughter was born at 31w3d due to severe preeclampsia and IUGR so I know the feeling of being scared. It scares both of us to go through the whole process again, we are afraid that things will be worse the second time around but I hope that instead we have a full term baby.

I hope things go smoothly for you for your second pregnancy. Just try to remain stress free, keep moving (exercise) and try not to worry too much. I know its easier said than done (I hate when people give me that advise, I know it sounds silly but its the truth.)

Did you meet with a doctor prior to get pregnant to discuss how they would treat you and monitor you throughout the process?

DS was born at 33+5 due to severe pre-eclampsia. I'm currently 26 weeks with my second. I've also been given baby aspirin. So far my BP has stayed quite low, it was about 90/65 in the first tri and it's been around 105/70 in the second tri, so at least it's been low. This is me taking it at home, it's been closer to 120/80 at the doctor's office though, but that is lower than it was during my last pregnancy (I was around 135/85 for the later half of the second tri).

I am just trying not to stress. Stress doesn't help. I also have a much less difficult job this time, much less stress. I lost weight before getting pregnant this time, and until recently my weight gain with this pregnancy has been going well, but I noticed yesterday I had gained more than I wanted. I'm sure it's a growth spurt though, or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->