Pregnant and taking driving test

baileybubs

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has taken their driving test whilst pregnant? I have mine tomorrow (1st time) and I am terrified that being pregnant is gonna make my nerves ruin it all!! I am normally excellent under pressure, I thrive on it!! I used to be a chef and the busier and more hectic the better, and I always loved exams when at school and hated coursework coz I did far better when pressurised. However, on Sunday I did a mock test and I failed spectacularly, managing a total of 8 majors! My driving before and after the mock test was perfect though!! I never dreamt I could do that badly and was fairly confident up until then, now I am convinced I will fail!!
Any success stories or tips??

TIA

I'm from third tri, but figured I'd come see what people in second tri were up to :) haha. I went for my driving test at 33 weeks pregnant and I passed. I do HORRIBLE under pressure, so I was extremely stressed about it since the month before when I had booked it. Honestly, all you can do is try to keep calm and think positive. I was hoping I'd have someone who acknowledged the fact I was pregnant and still willing to take my test :haha: You might be too early for it to be noticeable though? And I don't think it acutally worked for me lol...

Just go out and practice today or tonight if possible :) I didn't know how to parallel park until the night before my test and my boyfriend taught me in the dark :dohh: While it wasn't my first driving test, it was my second and final test before my final license, and I knew that if I didn't get it then, chances are I'd have to start all over since my license expires in Jan, so I was really under pressure.

Just think things through as you're doing your test. I'm sure you'll do great!! :flower:

I'd say just relax and try not to think of it as a 'test'. You'll probably do a lot better than you think you will! I didn't take my test when pregnant, but I did take it about two months before, so it was pretty recent (I'm from the U.S. and have a license there, but had to totally start over here, get my provisional license, and take my test again, plus I'd never driven a manual before). I took my mock test right before I went for my real test (like 20 minutes before) and failed spectacularly. I passed my test though with only 5 minors. I found the mock test to be really stressful, but the real test was much better. Just try not to think about it too much. Just drive like you always do and more than likely you'll do fine. And it's such an amazing relief once you pass and know you never have to do it again. So try to focus on the positives and not think about the test itself too much.

Thanks ladies, I think I have just got myself worked up now coz my mock test went so horribly wrong that I think that's gonna happen on my test now too! I can't go out and practice tonight unfortunately because I have noone to take me out! I'll just have to hope my hour before my test in the morning is enough, and try to stay calm lol!

Good luck for tomorrow! Stay calm and act like it's not that important, you can always take it again! I'm sure you'll do fine! Let us know how you get on!

I'll be doing mine pregnant! My driving instructor said pregnant women do better, as we're more determined! Good luck hunny!
xoxox

Well I am definately determined lol! I was convinced I would pass up until my nightmare mock test! Fingers crossed it will all be fine at the time, gotta remember its costing me money so cant afford to mess it up, but also not be too hard on myself if I do fail lol!

one of my close friends passed hers at 8 months pregnant :) as did my auntie but dont think she was so far along..
Good luck! xx

Good luck and do let us know how you got on. I didn't take mine while i was pregnant but it was recent. Just wanted to say that the reason they give you a mock test is to let you get all the silly things you might do out of your system so you don't have to during your test!

Deep breaths and even if things don't go your way, you just retake it. No one gives you a prize for passing on the first go!

x

Good luck for your test today. keep us posted on how you get on! It took me 3 attempts to pass my driving test because of nerves but i'm sure you'll do great!!

i passed 1st time 6 months pregnant with my first
you can do it :flower:

I would always do terribly on the mock tests and the practice hour before my tests. I think I would have probably been better to just go straight to the test, rather than getting worked up practising beforehand!

I wasn't pregnant, but it did take me a shameful 5 times to pass! Although I took 2 tests when I was about 18, and then gave up for 2 years because I'd had enough, so I tell myself it was techincally 3 tests, lol. I would always book a morning test as well, so that I didn't have all day to get stressed out, but ironically the test I passed was an afternoon test because I wasn't able to get any morning ones!

I am always worse on practical stuff, so kinda the opposite of you. I preferred coursework and and written tests which I am always much better at. I dance as well, and any dance exams I'm exactly the same and am a wreck beforehand. I remember on my driving test psyhically shaking so my foot was shaking on the peddles, lol. I'm still traumatised from the driving tests, and its now 7 years later! But saying that my advice is just not to give up. I wish I had stuck at it the first time round, and although I don't particually enjoy driving, I very much enjoy the freedom it gives, and looking back now I don't know how I dealt with buses all the time! I used to have to get 4 buses each day just to get to college!

Ignore your mock test, that's just getting the rubbish out of the way, so that you will be fine for your actual test!

I failed. A bit disappointed but not too gutted coz it wants disastrous! Although I suppose you'd think failing isn't exactly good lol! I basically failed coming out of the test centre and didn't even realise! You come out of the test centre onto a dead end road and to the left there is nothing and not enough room for traffic to be coming at you and apparently I didn't look to the left so failed straight away lol!
The other major I got was turning left into a road that had a bit of a slip road, but I had never driven on this road and was completely unsure if it was a slip road and whether I should have gone down it rather than turning at more of a right angle into the road, stupid thing to do I know but I was completely unfamiliar with the area and got a major for that too. Otherwise the rest wasn't too bad. I was too hesitant for him at some quiet junctions and he said I stopped at 4 junctions when I could have just kept going round (so I was too cautious, which is typical coz normally I'm too fast) but he wouldn't have failed me on that. Nevermind I have booked it again for in a few weeks and made sure I don't get the same examiner too coz he came across quite mean and strict, especially when he told me why I failed, it was like he was telling a child off.

Oh bad luck! Sorry to hear that, thanks for letting us know.

It doesn't sound like it was too bad though, the two majors were to do with places you will/may encounter next time so you know how to avoid getting them wrong. Good luck for next time, I'm sure you'll be fine!

Thanks, I am more confident about next time anyway because I know most of my driving was good, and I will definately make sure to look left coming out of the test centre! To be honest I don't know how I didn't lol!!

Thanks, I am more confident about next time anyway because I know most of my driving was good, and I will definately make sure to look left coming out of the test centre! To be honest I don't know how I didn't lol!!

sorry to hear you failed.. im shocked that your driving instructor didnt teach you on roads that could possibly be on your test route.. especially mentioning looking both ways from the text centre. good luck for next time though hun xxx

My instructor did always take me on all the possible test routes but unfortunately I had the chief examiner who just took me wherever he felt like coz he knows the roads where I live so well!! My instructor said he never imagined we'd go the way we did lol!!
I think it was just a silly mistake on my part not looking both ways, even though it was a dead end you just never know!
Thanks ladies, sure I will pass eventually lol!

I took 3 driving test in my third trimester failed on all of them. Retook again 5 months after having baby and passed with only 2 minors!M

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->