Pregnant before cycle returns?

MMAmummy

Mum to 2 boys & WTT #3
Reaction score
Can it happen? I was under the impression your cycle has to return first! DH and I haven't seriously discussed a 3rd child (with DS2 not even being 9 months old) but we haven't been careful on the VERY FEW times we DTD. I was EBF until about 4 months ago when we started introducing formula then solids. My cycle hasn't returned yet. I suffer from PCOS so assumed it could take a while. Yesterday and today I've been feeling what feel like gentle movements and I feel "full" and pressure down below. A few weeks ago I had spotting which I assumed was AF coming but there was nothing! I've had a few other things I only get when I'm pregnant - a couple of days I suffer from really itchy lady bits (tmi, sorry), crazy dreams, eye twitches and needing to wee loads. I have ordered a couple of tests online but it's going to be Tuesday before they come! I feel like I'm going mad. I don't think I can be pregnant but it definitely feels like it. I'm so convinced I've started taking some spare pregnacare just incase - DH thinks I'm loopy! Please help x

MMAmummy Your body needs to ovulate first prior to get your period. Most likely you were ovulating and bd with your hb during that time. The spotting that you had was could be implantation spotting or probably is your body trying to get back to normal. I hope you get your response soon.

You can definitely get pregnant without having a period first. You ovulate first then have a period two weeks later. I'm sill breastfeeding and have PCOS and my son is 14 months old. I take a test once a month because we aren't using any protection so I don't want to not know I'm pregnant. Keep us updated when u test.

I guess you will know by now but for anyone else reading you can def get pregnant without your cycle returning. I got pregnant when DD1 was 11 months, I was still BF and hadn't had a period.

I have tested a couple of times since this post and have had BFN each time. But I still feel pregnant. And I'm still having symptoms. Still no AF... so strange.

Maybe you have a hormonal imbalance. I have PCOS and before I knew that I did when I first went off the pill I had all these symptoms I was mistaking of pregnancy. I was sure I was pregnant. Turns out it was my hormones. Maybe time to go to the doctor. See of you can get a blood test to confirm pregnancy and if not maybe they can figure out what else might be going on.

Thank you. I have PCOS and have done for a while. Just some of the symptoms I have I've only every felt when I was pregnant. With my 2 DS's & an early MC. Going to try testing again in a week then make an appointment with my doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->