Pregnant but just look fat

Cheetah29

Reaction score
So, I am just wondering if anyone else gets this. I am pregnant but just feel I look fat. I guess that's because sometimes my family says I really don't like pregnant yet; just fat. What do you think? Be truthful, I promise it won't hurt my feelings. Also, from my picture could you guess how far along I am? I'm just wondering if I look like others that are in the same amount of weeks I am.

Attachments

• 20160927_151638.jpg
    20160927_151638.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 29
All bumps are different. My first pregnancy barely showed at 31 weeks when I had my photos done. And the bump, when it came was nice & round. I worked out at my noon hours and at the gym on weekends until the 7th month of that pregnancy. This time, 8 months after delivering my DD, I'm pregnant with twins. I worked out for 3-4 months before I got pregnant again but my muscles are definitely weaker. I had 2 subchorionic hemorrhages in my 1st tri that prevented me from working out and my bump starts with a big fat roll from my side this time :haha: Your shape is determined by how tall you are (I'm 5'9) how you carry, and how much fat you have on your body. I'd guess you're 18 weeks. Am I close? I tell people I'm proud of my beer belly. You can only do this for so long until the big round bump will appear.

All pregnancies are different. With my son i carried the weight all over my body. With my twins, i didnt gain hardly enough weight. ( attached is my 36wk belly! ). With my daughter, i was all belly.

Im not preg right now and just look fat. You look preggo!

Attachments

• pics020.jpg
    pics020.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 20
I think you look pregnant. I couldn't guess how far along as I showed really early. That was like my 4 week bump!

I've found that if I wear my normal jeans they make me look fat because they dig in now. But if I wear my maternity jeans it looks more like a bump. If it bothers you then maybe you could try some maternity clothes, or high waisted leggings? Apologies I am trespassing here, still in the first tri - just! But you definitely look more pregnant than I do. I'm very much in the 'is she fat or preggo' camp!

Apologies I am trespassing here, still in the first tri - just!

I agree with how maternity clothes make for a nicer round belly shape. I'm wearing work pants to work and my bump spills over it like how a beer belly would feel.
You're always welcome in any tri...B&B is meant to be all inclusive. I've learned alot from the discussions on all the boards. And I haven't really seen any catty women who try to exclude others based on which tri they're in (thank goodness!)

All bumps are different. My first pregnancy barely showed at 31 weeks when I had my photos done. And the bump, when it came was nice & round. I worked out at my noon hours and at the gym on weekends until the 7th month of that pregnancy. This time, 8 months after delivering my DD, I'm pregnant with twins. I worked out for 3-4 months before I got pregnant again but my muscles are definitely weaker. I had 2 subchorionic hemorrhages in my 1st tri that prevented me from working out and my bump starts with a big fat roll from my side this time :haha: Your shape is determined by how tall you are (I'm 5'9) how you carry, and how much fat you have on your body. I'd guess you're 18 weeks. Am I close? I tell people I'm proud of my beer belly. You can only do this for so long until the big round bump will appear.
Getting used to this site. Yes you are close. I'm 5'6. Your post was very helpful.

I look like that too, but just wait until around 5 months when baby gets over the belly button, you will round out totally. Also I found maternity clothes helped me look more pregnant- I tried one of maternity tops on the other day just for a laugh and oh my god I looks about 7 months pregnant lol

Don't worry , you're belly will no doubt pop right out anytime soon and there will be no room for doubt! :haha:

I think you do look pregnant and I'd guess 18-20wks but difficult to know because everyone is different. I'm just over 20wks and depending what I wear I either look noticeably pregnant or like I've put some weight on, clothing makes a big difference I find. Ignore family making rude comments - I never understand why being pregnant makes some people think its ok to make such personal comments. Enjoy your growing bump. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->