Pregnant not FAT!

twists183

Mother of 1 little boy
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was wandering if anyone else has felt self conscious about their growing bump? I've had a relatively small bump, I didn't show till I was 20 weeks and from then until just recently it's been really small. But the other day bump seems to have taken a surge in size and it is noticiably bigger. I've put on a stone this pregnancy which is normal and overall my limbs and boobs are not any bigger, just my stomach and all at the front (bum is fortunatley still holding back).

Ah hun, it's not fair that you are worried about your weight at a time when you can't control it. Everyone is different in pregnancy as to how much weight they put on and where, it's nothing we can control. My bump seemed to grow in spurts every 3-4 weeks or so. I'd wake up and wonder how I'd got so much bigger seemingly overnight!!

My Mum is exactly the same. Like you I was pre-pregnancy a size 10/12 (12 if I'm being really honest!) and I always got fat comments from my mum even then. It's got so much worse since I've been pregnant that I had to tell her to stop several times. Massive, humungous, huge etc, but when she said I was big enough for triplets (at about 30 weeks) I had to tell her to stop as it was really getting me down.

I'm sure your OH won't think anything bad about you - Mine has found it hard to understand my body changing, but I think it is difficult for them in general to understand the changes that we go through.

Sending your big hugs hun x

I dont think it would be a good idea to diet in pregnancy doll, its not recommended at all!! U would be better trying to eat a bit healthier and do light pregnancy exercises if u are concerned about ure weight gain.

Ive put 3 stone on the pregnancy although it is only recently it has become noticable and I do feel slightly fat but then again im not really that worried about it as its mainly all baby and I can deal with it later. Thay say u lose alot of it after birth anyways.

Your MIL sounds like a right one and personally I would just ignore her, women put weight on during pregnancy and we are all different. As for ure OH if he loves u it wont matter whether u have put a couple of stones on to carry his child.

Be proud doll ure body is doing amazing things :hugs:

Remember also that the clothes your MIL wore may have been more forgiving back in her day!! When I look at my mum's 'maternity' clothes, it was basically a tent that went from neck to ankle!

Now we were tighter clothes so it makes more sense to wear maternity stuff earlier! I would've liked to see her squeeze into a pair of skinny jeans at 6 months pregnant!!

Silly woman tsk!

Aww please don't let her get to you hun, I bet you look beautiful no matter how fat you feel!!! We all have times like that (getting more and more now).

And it sounds like all bump to me which says definitely pregnant and not fat if you haven't put on anywhere else.

Be proud of your body, its doing amazing things :)
:hugs:

it's really wrong and insensitive that your MIL would say things like that, and too be honest she's probably saying them because she's feeling insecure about becoming a grandmother or is having her own issues about no longer being the one that's pregnant. it really does sound like some form of jealousy she's exercising.
i really hope things work out though, and 1 stone isn't nearly as much as some women gain. all that's important is you and your little one are healthy. most of the time people think that i'm fat because of the lack of roundness in the rest of my body, which still makes little to no sense to me, the idea that a little person can walk around with a large bump on her front and not be pregnant, but apparently times have changed and everyone has a different idea of the "ideal pregnant body".
what you could say to her is, "well obviously you did something different, and we're obviously not the same person so as much as your constructive criticism is hopefully being put out there for good use stop because words are not going to make me smaller!"

I was large to begin with and was trying to loose weight before i new i was pregnant, so i now what you mean, but stepping on scales doesnt really represent the weight that you have put on because most of it baby. You will only truely know how much weight you have put on when you have given birth. Then it is ok to loose it but def not when yr preggers its not healthly for the growing baby. Altho i have heard that it is ok for preg women to do slimming world as this is healthy eating as apposed to diets such as atkins! I have sed this on a previous thread that the weight can easily be shed by breast feeding and running after a new born! you will have plenty of time after the baby is born to get super slim and wave it in the MILs face. then you can say look at me and ive had a baby whats your excuse!

I would advise sitting your MIL down and telling her how her comments are making you feel, if she has any decendcy shey will knock it off. It is rude to make comments on a pregnant womens weight and not really her concern to be honest. Every women gains weight to different degrees while pregnant you are not anymore then I am my mother when she was pregnant.

(hugs) feel good sweetie you look beautiful!!!

Yeah I have a smallish bump, but baby is average, people keep telling me I should be bigger. Ha? What for? And how do I do that. Order my bump to get bigger.

Don't worry hun, people just don't think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->