Pregnant on Mirena?

lylasmummy

Reaction score
Dont know where to post this, so I went for general.....

I had Mirena coil fitted in October, all been fine, no periods as such, but a constant (ish) light spotting here and there.

Well last few days Ive had shocking heartburn, fatigue and increased sense of smell, also when Im pregnant everything has a horrible smell, and Ive started smelling it :wacko: my tummy feels sensitive, and had headaches for about 5 days on the bounce now.

Im scared to do a test as when Ive googled Ive read mirena can give a false negative so dont see a point in wasting money, does anyone know how common it is for mirena to fail?? I darnt google any further....

2 of my friends have fallen pregnant on the coil - not to worry you! id do a test xxx

im sure your fine hun just thought id let you know. the first friend got caught 3 months after her LO was born! xx

Ok, Im gonna nip to spar when LO wakes from her nap. Im dying for a wee. Ut will hold it till then, feel dizzy now too but I think its cos Im thinking about it now....

its probably because your thinking about it!

i had a MC in nov and havnt had AF yet and keep getting dizzy, feeling sick getting heartburn but BFN its just because im thinking about them x

My friend also fell pregnant with the coil!.... Not sure how long she'd had it in for but I've had mine in for 2 years now and no problems!!

They do say that with a coil it doesn't stop the egg being fertilized by the sperm, it just stops it in it's tracks before it can attach to womb lining. Maybe this is what's happening x

Ooh, definately test! Keep us updated! :hugs:

It is possible to fall pregnant with a coil fitted. I have one but not sure which it is lol. But it actually stops the egg and sperm getting together rather than allowing them to get together and then stopping them implanting on the womb iykwim.
I would test and/or see your doctor asap as there is a very small chance of ectopic pregnancy with the coil.

Well I didnt test, an AF has appeared this evening, very light but red for first time since Ive had coil in. Weird..... :shrug:

The marina gives you pregnancy sympyoms! iv had mine nearly 2 years and feel pregnant all the time! Iv tested so many times! I haven't had period since nov and sure I am lol but tests say no, im normally more "hornmonish" around when period is due, boobs get sore ect, im even sure my nipples are bigger lol but im deffo not preg lol

I agree that the mirena makes you feel pregnant. I have similar symptoms to those I get when I'm pregnant like sore boobs but I haven't had sex in 11 months!!!!

I had the Mirena before and often felt a little bit odd - Now I have experienced pregnancy... I suppose those symptoms are pretty similar.
I would go to see the doctor if you are really worried. Its not worth leaving it incase there is something going on in there x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->