Pregnant or no ovulation? messed up cycle :(

honeysuede

Reaction score
I usually have 27-30 day cycles with ovulation being quite late (about 11 days before my period), recently I have lost a lot of weight, I have gone from 136lbs to 115lbs through stress and exercise. I am aware stress, extreme weight loss and exercise can all affect your cycle. I started getting extreme period type pains and ovulation pain around cycle day 23 for 2 weeks. From cycle day 25 for almost a week I had positive opk tests. We had sex on cycle days 25 & 27. I *think* ovulation was day 29. It is now day 42!! On Monday (day 39) I had a few bits of brown blood for an hour then it went away. The next day I had slightly heavier blood loss for about 2 hours and since then nothing!!! I am sooo confused, I did a pregnancy test this morning and it was negative – so does anyone know if this could all be down to weight loss and stress and have I messed up my body? Could all the dizzy spells, soore boobs, cramps etc be in my head or due to my cycle being messed up? They are all symptoms I had when I was pregnant with my son but the test (very sensitive one) says I am not. I think I am about 13 days past ovulation and with my son I got a positive at 10 days past and no bleeding. Any advice / opinions welcome.
xxx:hugs:

I think it is very possible you are pregnant. If you just experienced implantation bleeding on Monday, then you probably wouldn't have a positive yet. It can take about a week after implantation for you to get a positive on a urine test. Hcg isn't produced until the egg has implanted. And it can take a few days to a week for the hcg level to get high enough to be detected with a urine test.

Implantation > ovulation... when determining best time to test.

I usually have 27-30 day cycles with ovulation being quite late (about 11 days before my period), recently I have lost a lot of weight, I have gone from 136lbs to 115lbs through stress and exercise. I am aware stress, extreme weight loss and exercise can all affect your cycle. I started getting extreme period type pains and ovulation pain around cycle day 23 for 2 weeks. From cycle day 25 for almost a week I had positive opk tests. We had sex on cycle days 25 & 27. I *think* ovulation was day 29. It is now day 42!! On Monday (day 39) I had a few bits of brown blood for an hour then it went away. The next day I had slightly heavier blood loss for about 2 hours and since then nothing!!! I am sooo confused, I did a pregnancy test this morning and it was negative – so does anyone know if this could all be down to weight loss and stress and have I messed up my body? Could all the dizzy spells, soore boobs, cramps etc be in my head or due to my cycle being messed up? They are all symptoms I had when I was pregnant with my son but the test (very sensitive one) says I am not. I think I am about 13 days past ovulation and with my son I got a positive at 10 days past and no bleeding. Any advice / opinions welcome.
xxx:hugs:

I've just asked a similar question, my cycles are normally 33 days. I have lost around 50lbs recently (& am now very slim) through alternate day fasting and my last cycle was 39 days (I also thought I was pregnant but eventually AF came) now I'm wondering if the dieting is to blame.

Your symptoms do sound promising though - the blood sounds very much like implantation bleeding.

Good luck & update when you test again xxxx

Thanks ladies.

Wow 50lb is a lot to lose, well done!!

Tested with another cheapie this morning and I got an evap line. I have a digi that I am going to do tomorrow. It will be 14-15dpo so it should be accurate.

Good luck to both of you! I will update tomorrow.
xxxxxx

:bfn: on CB digi this morning so I guess I will just have to wait for A - cycle day 44
xxx

:bfn: on CB digi this morning so I guess I will just have to wait for A - cycle day 44
xxx

Sorry to hear that honeysuede, remember you are not out until AF shows, fingers crossed either for a BFP or AF so you can get on with the next cycle :) :) xxxx

honeysuede I wonder if that was your af and now you're onto a new cycle? Maybe the stress and weight loss shortened your af and your body is adjusting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->