Pregnant? Or sonething else?

surprisepreg

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So the night before last, I had this ongoing dream that I was pregnant (was not trying and period due yesterday or today). When I woke up yesterday, I decided to take a pregnancy test, and low and behold, it was positive. I took two others (I always have tests on me) and all three were positive. One was the fancy clear blue test and it said I was "pregnant, 2-3 weeks." I also picked up a first response and took it yesterday and it was also positive.

While I wasn't planning a pregnancy, I am very excited to have another surprise baby (my youngest was a surprise, my eldest is adopted) but as always, my brain goes to worst case scenarios. I googled what could cause a false positive pregnsncy test and read that certain cancers could. So, I was wondering if anyone knew how common this is? It would majorly suck to find out I'm suck instead of having a bundle of joy. I'm
Not really having any symptoms either, which makes me nervous. That said, I would only be about 4 weeks (roughly 2 weeks since conception I believe since I happen to know when hubby and I last did it) pregnant so I know symptoms might not be strong yet.

I will obviously be scheduling a doctor appointment, but in the meantime, any thoughts or advice to ease my nerves?
Thanks!!

False positives are very unusual - congratulations hun you're pregnant :D

As above, pregnancy is much more likely than a serious condition that would cause a false positive! Looks like #3 is on board!

Your pregnant... false positives are extremely rare and it seems your period is a day late, if not will be late tomorrow. Congrats!

Thanks for the replies guys! I feel much better knowing it's not a common thing. So excited for another baby!!! :)

Congrats! I'm with the others in saying you're pregnant :) It's rare for it to be a false positive.

But I can't say much because I was pretty much the same. This was unplanned, and I decided to test (even though I felt so stupid for thinking it was possible to be pregnant - like I actually snorted when I saw the control line only before the positive popped up). I used an internet cheapy since I had a ton from when I wasn't haven't a period from the pill (kept them to test randomly to make sure).

So when the positive showed up, I insisted that it was either an evap line or a false positive (because it was a cheapy), but 3 FRER and 3 CB weeks estimators later... lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->