Pregnant with no rise in BBT?

Lara baby

Reaction score
Weird question... I know that during ovulation the BBT rises slightly, but I was wondering if anybody got pregnant and did not notice this rise?

My cycles are normally 28 days long and my temperature only went up on cycle day 22. Not sure if this means that I ovulated late (short luteal phase) or if it is something else :wacko:

BBT is the only way I track ovulation... but I think I'd better consider other methods as well.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Luteal phase should only vary by a day or two. If you normally ovulate on day 22 and still only have a 28 day cycle then you'd have a luteal phase defect, 6 days is very short and you probably wont get pregnant. If you normally O around CD14 with a 28 day cycle, that'd give you an lp of around 14 days which is normal. If you did just ovulate later than normal, your cycle will be longer than normal as well as your lp stays pretty consistant, so you can probably expect AF to be a week later than you'd normally expect. Women with irregular periods dont O the same time each cycle which is why it can be difficult to get timing right. Do you know when you normally O? It is normal to have an 'off' cycle every now and then...

In regards to bbt and pregnancy, I've never heard of anyone being pregnant without the rise in bbt, usually the first sign is temp staying up past when AF is due. If your pregnant but temp keeps dropping, chances are it will probably result in a loss, as your progesterone levels would be too low to sustain the pregnancy

Not likely. PP said everything beautifully. There is a small percentage of women who will not notice an increase in BBT according to Taking Charge of your Fertility. Its always best to think of yourself as the rule, not the exception or you will drive yourself crazy. Also, a small temp spike or no temp raise could indicate poor progesterone levels after ovulation which are problematic for sustaining pregnancy. I use OPKs which are a helpful tool in timing sex but only temping, u/s or a progesterone blood draw will confirm ovulation. If you believe you have ovulated and don't have a temp spike you can ask your doc for a 7dpo progesterone draw to confirm.

I hope that someone will be able to give me some advice although this thread is old. I usually have a cycle of 24 Days and ovulation at about day 12. I am very sure that I ovulated on day 12 cause of several symtoms as cm and I had a temp spike the day after. We had intercourse on that day and 3 Days Before. After my cm became White, sticky and quite abundant. I had a Heavy feeling in my uterus and symtoms of UTI but test of UTI was negative. I thought for sure I was pregnant. Also short flashes of nausea. But here comes the strange part, that temperature spike only lasted one day and then fell back and has been linguering around the coverline. My app, natural cycles, first said o on day 12 but then changed and now all of a sudden the app says that I had o on day 21!!!! It is true that I had a more sustained temp rise after day 21 but this seems insane to me since I have had no cm that indicates o. I did have severe insomnia during the 1½ week following day 12 so maybe that interfered. But I will say that insomnia and symtoms of UTI was the two earliest pregnancys symtoms that I had in my last pregnancy. Please tell me if anyone else has experienced that your app tells you the wrong date for o or if anyone has bacome pregnant without temperature spike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->