Pregnant with our first!

toasty6

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been reading through quite a few threads on this section of the forums. I apologize if this isn't appropriate to start a new thread to just introduce myself and kind of blab on and maybe make some friends in the first trimester!

Anyways, a little about me. My husband and I got married September 27, and have both wanted kids for a long time. We are young (I'm 23, he is 26), so I know we have plenty of time, but I want a big family and I don't want them to be ages apart... So we started trying in November and I got pregnant on the first cycle. We are incredibly blessed.

According to my LMP, I am 5 weeks + 2 days. I called my OB last week and they made my appointment for January 6th, and I can't wait!!! I will be 7 weeks + 5 days by then. The receptionist making the appointment told me that they would be taking labs, talking about insurance, what to expect, and "possibly do a vaginal ultrasound". She said expect it to take about 2 hours (probably sitting around and waiting for the bulk of that time). I'm really hoping they do an ultrasound so we can hear a heartbeat?!

I have been pretty okay so far with symptoms... I have been experiencing a lot of fatigue, and I have been having heartburn since about a week after conception (chronic problem, but meds don't help anymore so I stopped taking them and now just eat Tums). I've also had cramping and stretching since about 14 DPO or so. Just a constant dull ache, so I'm not worried. It makes me smile, actually, to know my body is making room for little one. Yesterday and the day before I didn't have much cramping, but my boobs started to kind of hurt. This morning when I woke up I peed on a stick again just for fun and I got very dark positives within a minute. (When I tested before, I started at 12 DPO and got faint positives after about 5 minutes and then did a digital test at 14 DPO, so I was just curious to see if the lines are darker--they definitely are!)

Everytime my husband and I pray, he prays for "our son" and that we can "keep him healthy and teach him all he needs to know". He wants a son so bad, and I just don't want him to be disappointed if it's a girl. I would prefer a girl myself, but I will be absolutely thrilled with either gender.

Anyways, I'm sorry this turned out to be long. Just saying Hi to everyone and good luck!

Also, am I the only one who is terrified to look at the toilet paper every time I go to the bathroom? I always glance at it, but I'm so afraid I will see red. I'm trying not to stress about it because that's not good for baby, but I have just gotten my hopes up so high about this that I would be devastated... Seems like my panties get wet at times with CM and I rush to the bathroom afraid that it's blood...

Hi and welcome to the first tri! What a lovely story you have and happy for you to get a jump on your big family. There are so many worries we have in this forum as it is the "danger zone" forum lol. I too got lots of cm after my bfp and was constantly running to the loo to check for a bleed lol. I actually did have several days of implantation bleeding but all turned out okay (just in case you do get spotting). Then came the cramping 5-7 weeks. Pretty intense and I was feeling sure something was wrong but the ladies on here were right all was well! Scan purgatory was (and still is for so many) a hige worry and before every scan we all worry if nugget will be there and be okay. This forum is a great support system and the ladies here have a lot to share if you have any concerns. Happy and healthy 9 months!

Thanks pandi!

Another thing I have had terribly is ACNE! I usually get PMS acne that is gone by the time AF is, but I've had this stuff since before even conceiving I think (probably related to holiday foods, and then I think my hormones now are prolonging it since eating healthier has not helped!) so annoying. Boobies are full-on sore today. Ah, the joys. Lol

Thank you everyone! :happydance:

Hey, what's everyone's stance on caffeine during pregnancy? I know some (most?) cut it out completely, but I have read that research says 200 mg or less is okay in pregnancy.

I have been holding off so far, but my job requires me to wake up around 4 AM and it has been REALLY difficult so far... Would be great to drink that morning cup :coffee: just to get me started. The kind I drink has around 65 mg per 6 oz. Thoughts???

Thanks pandi!

Another thing I have had terribly is ACNE! I usually get PMS acne that is gone by the time AF is, but I've had this stuff since before even conceiving I think (probably related to holiday foods, and then I think my hormones now are prolonging it since eating healthier has not helped!) so annoying. Boobies are full-on sore today. Ah, the joys. Lol

Yes that was something I had the entire cycle of this bfp and unfortunately lasted until just a couple of weeks ago. I never had an acne phase growing up even and now have a couple of blemish scars to show from the first tri! Weeeeeee fun!

Hi toasty...first of all "congrats to you!!". Isn't this a wild experience so far? We are somewhat similiar. I was married Sept 21st and this is my first pregnancy as well. I'm 31 so there isn't a big family in my future. We're aiming for two and I really hope this one's a boy. I don't wanna find out until he pops out though!! According to an early scan, I should now be 8.0 weeks but my first actual prenatal visit isn't until Monday. Man, I'm still beyond nervous even though I've seen a hb already. I feel you on the sore boobs. One question...where are they sore? Mine are mostly on the sides. Other than that, frequent bathroom breaks and being tired waaaay earlier than I used to be, those are my only symptoms. I read the same thing you did about the caffeine. I limit myself to one can a day just to be safe. Hope your first pregnancy goes as smooth as a baby's bottom :)

Hi ally! So far they are just really sore in the front and nipple area in any given position, but was laying on the couch today with no bra on, laying on my side so they were kind of hanging (lol) and the sides hurt like because of gravity pulling on them? I don't know haha, But I have heard full blown symptoms often don't hit until 6 or 7 weeks, so I am sure I have some more intense symptoms coming up... I keep remembering symptoms after I post lol I have the bloodhound nose as of like a few days ago. And so much bloating!!

I'm on the chubby side, like size 16, 5'6", so I have some extra flab especially in my belly area so I know I probably won't notice a bump for a while due to the extra padding, but I am so excited to see a bump whenever I am lucky enough! I'm a belly sleeper and I swear it feels kind of hard when I lay down--kind of like the Princess and the Pea. I know there's not a bump there but I swear it all feels harder, like I am laying on a hard foam ball under my mattress pad or something. Hard to explain...

I'm in the middle of my third pregnancy, and I still check the toilet paper EVERY time I go. I did this throughout my first two pregnancies, too. It's totally normal, and I hear that a LOT of other folks do it. Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! Your symptoms sound just perfect. I hope they do an ultrasound for you, too! You may not be able to hear the heartbeat that early, but you will definitely be able to see it! :)

Thank you! I'm crossing my fingers for a heartbeat but we will see!

Another symptom: shortness of breath which started yesterday. I just can't seem to get a big breath. It's not incredibly uncomfortable, just bothersome. Also, foggy memory/pregnant brain! I'm in trouble if this lasts the whole time lol. Forgetting to pay certain bills, etc and that is so not me.

Hi toasty, welcome & congrats!! I do a decaf coffee every morning, can't taste the difference and even decaf Starbucks has more caffeine than a caffeinated tea. 200 mg is a small cup, Starbucks has much more caffeine than most coffee so I guess it's which kind you drink.
Wishing you a h & h 9 mnths!

Thanks! Yeah the goal is to eventually get myself to decaf (once I buy some) and maybe trick my mind into thinking it's caffeinated to help me wake up. Fatigue + 4 am just do not mix! The kind I drink is just an instant coffee and is said to have 65 mg per 6 oz so I think I'm okay for now. I don't work every day and I only drink it when I am having an especially hard time waking up, so maybe 3 times a week at most?

Oh gowd, Starbucks decaf is amazing- you should ask for some for Christmas. If you take a hot shower in the morning and a brisk walk (I go up the stairs to my 4th floor office) it raises your heartbeat to about the same that a cup of coffee would ...giving you that extra kick that coffee does. I wish you luck with weaning off caffeine, my work colleague had really bad headaches.

Thanks! I'm hoping it won't be too hard since I don't already drink it every day or anything. I will definitely try to get some decaf Starbucks :)

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I am sure your appointment will go fine, although I fully appreciate where you are coming from as you worry about every little ache and pain at this stage and it is hard not to worry especially with some threads you see on here. However we need to think positive otherwise we drive ourselves mad (easier said than done though :) ).

Welcome to the forum, we are a friendly helpful bunch and I have had great advice and support on this site :thumbup:

Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!

x

Thank you shirlls! We are beyond excited. It's so nice to have this place to come and read everyone's experiences. I am not super worried about it, but I don't want to get my hopes up *just* in case... Once I see that heartbeat (hopefully), my chances will be much lower for a miscarriage at that point, and I will be able to breathe a bit easier, I think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->