Pregnant women,no child,parking in parent n child bays.what do u think?

babyhopes2010

one boy one girl.perfect!
Reaction score
the q was on a friends fb.(shes on here so its not a dig :) )

just thought it was interesting debate.

What do u think?do u think its ok to park in disabled or parent child bays?

In Canada the spaces are labeled "expectant mothers, and mothers with small children", so I believe it would be totally acceptable for a pregnant lady to park there. I personally feel like if you not very far along or showing it would be kind of dumb to park there, but once you get bigger and closer to the end I'm sure it would get harder to get around, so why shouldn't you use them!?

I definitely don't think being pregnant allows you to park in disabled bays. I think they are misused enough as it is. I saw a sign in a car park that said "Is this the first time you've out yourself in the place of a disabled person?" - I think that puts it well.

I'm not sure about parent & child spaces. This is my first child, so I have no experience of how vital they are to parents.

I would never park in a disabled bay but have parked in a parents with children parking spot... There were plenty of others and I was having trouble walking... I'm sure parents would remember what pregnancy was like... I have only done it once and I wouldn't have parked there if I was able to walk fine

I think in the US they have parking spaces for pregnant ladies and i think it's a great idea! I can't walk that well anymore xx

Like ispeakinsongs said, the US has "expectant mother" spots in various shopping areas, malls, and hospitals. Personally I used it when visiting my grandma at the hospital, and was glad for it because I had horrible round ligament pain at the time and the next closest spot was probably at least half a mile away. I think it'd be totally acceptable since you are expecting a child to park in a parent and child bay.

Not ok to park in a disabled space unless you are a legit disabled badge holder. It grinds on me that so many are always empty, but I would never park in the as they are needed for a reason.

Parent and child spaces I have started parking in since I hit about 35 weeks. I have a tesco badge from their baby club which allows me to park in their spaces, and the only other place I've done it was at Asda where the sign said "accompanied by a child under 12". technically I am.... :haha: but I don't do it ona regular basis.

I think once your bump is really big then its ok. I got so massive last time that it was some times difficult for me to fit out the car if it was a small gap. :blush:

I would never park in a disabled spot because I'm not disabled and hate how much they get abused. Tbh I hardly park in the parent/toddler spaces either. I hate waiting for one to be free when I could just park somewhere else.

I would never park in a disabled bay and at the moment I certainly wouldn't park in a parent and toddler one unless my son was with me. However when you get to the end of pregnancy, if you are generally struggling with walking or fitting out of the car in a regular space I cant see anything wrong with it.

In Ireland some are for expectant mums, mums and kids. I agree with pp's have said towards the end its hard to walk from one end of a car park to another but I think I've only ever got to park in a mum and baby spot once since having my lo as there always full.

I think once your bump is really big then its ok. I got so massive last time that it was some times difficult for me to fit out the car if it was a small gap. :blush:

A few weeks ago I returned to my car to find the person who had since parked next to me was so close I couldn't get in purely because of my bump :blush::blush::blush: it was about 2cm too tight, with me realllllly squeezing! Luckily dh was with me and had to drive the car out so I could get in....

I haven't been using the parent ones as I'm still very neat but think I'll prob have to as you can never get in n out of the car up here (poor parking), but tbh most of the time you can't get a parent space because folk use them for no reason :(. X

Not ok. They are spaces for parents with small children and I'd have no problem at all outing someone who had taken one because they're pregnant. There aren't enough of the, as it is and trying to get babies out of a at in a normal space is a total nightmare!

It would depend if it was an expectant parent park as well. In saying that I would so consider it at the moment. I am carrying twins, can barely walk sometimes and get so out of breath I struggle to even get to the shops.

In regards to the disability parks my pregnant friend was given a short term disability pass during her pregnancy. She had such severe SPD she ended up on crutches and then in a wheelchair. She used the disability parks, used the crutches to get into the shops and would borrow one of their mobility scooters.

A few weeks ago I returned to my car to find the person who had since parked next to me was so close I couldn't get in purely because of my bump :blush::blush::blush: it was about 2cm too tight, with me realllllly squeezing! Luckily dh was with me and had to drive the car out so I could get in....

I had to climb in my passenger side coz . Some numb skull parked so close even not pregnant id struggle to get in....

Ive had three children with me 8, 3, 1 and I tell.ya I find child parks way more useful whilst pregnant than with the kids with me.

Ive only parked once in it for 5 mins so far coz I was puking my guts out and had to drop somethin off..

Disabled parks no way.
. They are needed by geniune disabled people

I will use the disabled spaces at my supermarket to park in. I have severe SPD and struggle to walk and am using crutches. They are never full, and there is alot of them, but if there was only 1 or 2 spaces left I wouldn't park in it. I know alot of people don't agree with it though. I don't park in them elsewhere as they are very limited.

I will use the disabled spaces at my supermarket to park in. I have severe SPD and struggle to walk and am using crutches. They are never full, and there is alot of them, but if there was only 1 or 2 spaces left I wouldn't park in it. I know alot of people don't agree with it though. I don't park in them elsewhere as they are very limited.

Can you get your Dr to apply for a short term disability pass for you so you can use them legally?

I've just recently started to use the 'parent and child' parking spaces. I'm fed up of squeezing because of other people parking too close to the car. Now that I've for quite a big belly I don't think anybody would ever question me about it.

But disabled spots, definitely a no!

I would never use the disabled spots, but when there's an expectant mother/parents with small children spot available and I'm not feeling great, I'll use it. If I'm feeling fine I just park wherever there's a spot and walk.

I get pretty big later on and have never felt the need to park in a mother and baby space if i dont have my kids.

As for anyone who isnt disabled parking in a disabled space shame on them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->