Premade bottles - does the formula taste and smell worse?

Nessicle

Reaction score
I've noticed when making up fresh bottles it smells a whole lot better, does premaking ferment it or something?

I've started just putting cooled boiled water in the bottles then when she needs a feed adding the formula, shaking and then heating up. She's over 5 months now so not too worried about tummy upsets and she's been fine!

Not that im aware of.. Either way it still smells yucky!
X

Agreed, it smells/tastes gross no matter what. They arent good for more than 2 hours though at room temperature, and more than 24 hours in the fridge. They smell gross after that time limit and you can realize that its bad. xx

This is the reason I stopped premaking, aptimal smelt foul when I came to heat it after premaking!

I now just use a flask with hot water, add formula & top up with cool boiled water (all Pre measured) so it's the right temp to drink!

lol now she's older I'm just filling the bottles with cooled boiled water, when she wants a feed add the formula scoops, shake well then heat. I know it doesnt quite kill the bacteria but a lot of people make with room temp water and their babies are fine :) xx

lol now she's older I'm just filling the bottles with cooled boiled water, when she wants a feed add the formula scoops, shake well then heat. I know it doesnt quite kill the bacteria but a lot of people make with room temp water and their babies are fine :) xx

I'm one of the few people I know that don't make it with room temp water- and all their lo's have been fine!! Makes you wonder really..! :flower:

I know lol - think they only say it in case our LO's got an upset tummy etc its all this blame culture!!

x

Ever forgot about a half finished bottle? Then discovered it a day later :sick: THAT stinks.
But no iv never really noticed otherwise x

lol I empty them down the sink and rise out soon as they're done with :winkwink:x

Omg I always wondered this too, my daughter will not take formula pre made, she always spits it out fusses at the bottle and so on, and when you do smell it , it smells aweful. I use goodstart. Thought it was just that formula or something.

I was told never to pre-make bottles. What I used to do was boil the kettle in the morning and dispense the water into the bottles, then just add the powder when he wanted a feed. I got a little powder dispenser to take out with me if we were going anywhere. It smelled awful to me even when fresh, but yes I did find the odd bottle down the side of the cushion and that was rank! lol

I was told never to pre-make bottles. What I used to do was boil the kettle in the morning and dispense the water into the bottles, then just add the powder when he wanted a feed. I got a little powder dispenser to take out with me if we were going anywhere. It smelled awful to me even when fresh, but yes I did find the odd bottle down the side of the cushion and that was rank! lol

Funny coz premaking is recommended over the way you were told to make bottles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->