• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Premaking bottles using Hipp Organic?

Tinynik

Reaction score
I have just switched my DD over to Hipp Organic from Aptamil, as she hasn't been gaining adequate weight, only pooping every 3 days, and then reducing her milk intake from approx 32ozs a day to approx 24.
How do you go about premaking bottles with Hipp?
The instructions say to let the kettle cool for 35-40 mins and serve at between 40-50 degrees!
Do I just let the kettle cool to that temperature and store in fridge as I would like I was making Aptamil?
I am so confused! :dohh:

Heya

You cant premake Hipp Organic and store in the fridge if you follow the instructions and use water cooler than 70c (40-50c) to make up the milk.

We use Hipp organic and have sent emails regarding making it up correctly etc, and from what they have said you can do one of 2 things:

1.Store the correct amount of cooled boiled water in sterilised bottles on the kitchen side and just add the correct amount of powder when baby needs a feed, and feed immeadiatly at room temp (or warm slightly if your baby likes it that way).

2. Premake and store in the fridge going by the WHO guidelines and using water of a temp of 70c+. This however will destroy the friendly live bacteria cultures that are in the new Hipp milk, but will not compremise the other nutrition of the milk.

We currently use the Hipp ready to feed cartons 100% of the time, and as they are UHT they cannot contain the live probiotic cultures that the powdr formula does. So when we switch to powder and if I need to premake I would probably choose option 2. xxx

Thanks for the advice! I will only do option 2 for the morning bottle, as she can wake up at random times haha!
Has your LO been ok the formula? My DD seems to have took to it ok, but she has only had 3 bottles of it so far! It has certainly made her increase her intake again which is a good thing, as I was starting to worry about her! XxX

I'm thinkingof making the swith too - sorry to jump on your thread!
With option 1 is there a risk the nasty bacteria isn't killed in the powder by the cooled water? I'm a bit confused how you keep the probiotic but still account for formula powder not bring sterile?

Sorry to jump in here too, but I use hipp organic and make up the milk following the instructions on the box, but then rapid cool and put in the fridge. What's wrong with doing that rather than making it at 70c and killing off the friendly bacteria?

Also same question as previous poster, if I use cooled boiled water I've left on the side, won't the bad bacteria not get killed?!

Very confused!!!

To original poster - hipp organic is great, I've used for my baby from 5 days old and she's never had any problems with it.

Sorry to jump in here too, but I use hipp organic and make up the milk following the instructions on the box, but then rapid cool and put in the fridge. What's wrong with doing that rather than making it at 70c and killing off the friendly bacteria?

Also same question as previous poster, if I use cooled boiled water I've left on the side, won't the bad bacteria not get killed?!

Very confused!!!

To original poster - hipp organic is great, I've used for my baby from 5 days old and she's never had any problems with it.

Heya.

If you make up the formula with water at a temp of 40-50c then the bad bacteria will not be killed (only water 70c+ is hot enough to kill bacteria, good or bad). So to minimise the risk of potential bad bacteria multiplying to harmful levels the made up formula must be consumed straight away (within 1 hour) and not stored, as if stored bacteria will continue to multiply.
So going by this theory it doesnt matter wehter you mix the formula with 40-50c water or room temp water stored ready in sterilised bottles. Both are just as safe/unsafe as each other as neither will kill off bacteria present in the formula powder. xxx

I'm a bit confused how you keep the probiotic but still account for formula powder not bring sterile?

Unfortunatly you cant. It's either or. But In most of western Europe, USA, Australia and NZ they make up their formula with room temperature water, and do not follow the WHO code. The risk of formula contamination at dangerous levels is very, very low, so if you did mix with cool water your baby would ALMOST certainly be fine. But the WHO code is there to make formula feeding as safe as it can be, reducing the risk of illness from deadly bacteria zero (or as close as it can be). xxx

Heya

You cant premake Hipp Organic and store in the fridge if you follow the instructions and use water cooler than 70c (40-50c) to make up the milk.

We use Hipp organic and have sent emails regarding making it up correctly etc, and from what they have said you can do one of 2 things:

1.Store the correct amount of cooled boiled water in sterilised bottles on the kitchen side and just add the correct amount of powder when baby needs a feed, and feed immeadiatly at room temp (or warm slightly if your baby likes it that way).

2. Premake and store in the fridge going by the WHO guidelines and using water of a temp of 70c+. This however will destroy the friendly live bacteria cultures that are in the new Hipp milk, but will not compremise the other nutrition of the milk.

We currently use the Hipp ready to feed cartons 100% of the time, and as they are UHT they cannot contain the live probiotic cultures that the powdr formula does. So when we switch to powder and if I need to premake I would probably choose option 2. xxx

I use no. 1 to make up my DD bottles. No problems at all doing it this way for me or my LO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->