Premmie question.

J

Jem88

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but i was wondering if anyone in here who's baby was born early, was born early themselfs? as i was born at 25 week and my mam said that it might or might not happen to me, it could happen to my sister/s or non of us as my mams, mam had my auntie early and my cousin went into labour at 29 weeks but they managed to stop it, but i've mentioned it to the docs/midwifes so its now written in my notes just incase. Is there a possible chance i could have my baby early? i mean obv no-one actually knows IF it will happen to anyone i guess.

it matters why the babies came early. For example: My mom and I had placenta issues so I came early as did 2 of my 3 kiddos (but all 3 have had placenta issues). does that make sense? Only dd1 had to stay in the NICU for 2w, but when preg with DD2, i prepared for a possible NICU stay just in case. She did need to go to the children hospital 2w after birth for Jaundice but not the NICU :)

Prematurity is said not to be in the genes. I was born at 29 weeks, and my LO was 27 weeks.

It can also depend on the cause of prematurity - my mum said I was wrapped round the cord and they had to get me out - whereas my LO naturally came

i was a prem baby and my 2 kids have been born at 37 weeks for no nown reason and my third needs to be taken out at 32 weeks or sooner due to not growing properly :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->