Prenatal vitamins making morning sickness worse?

Thorpedo11

Reaction score
This morning I took my prenatal like I do every morning with a banana. Then after about 10 minutes I needed to run to the bathroom because I got sick. Now I'm not sick anymore just really crampy. Did anyone else go through this? I did end up being able to eat some peanut butter toast. I just want my cramps to stop. ☹️

Prenatals can cause nausea for a lot of women. I would say to make sure you take them with a full meal, as that can help. I switched to taking mine before bed, so I don't have to worry about it. Seems to have helped. Good luck!

My prenatal specifies to take it with my main meal. I didn't once and had the most horrendous indigestion and nausea so I never did it again! It could well be making you feel worse but only 10 minutes after taking it seems unlikely to me. Perhaps take it with a big meal though, just to be sure

I take mine right before I go to bed because they used to make me throw up.

No problems with them at all now.......

I switched to the prenatal gummies which are easier on the stomach but don't have iron but at least they stay down, when my nausea is more manageable, I take the ones with iron at bedtime with a little food.

Yep just before bed coz they make me feel awful ... even swallowing them before bed sucks but its better than ruining the mornning lol

Personally i take them well after i have had breakfast as i find an empty tummy is not a good combination with the tabs.

I couldn't take mine in the morning, found that out after maybe the third day of taking them. I would throw up within 20 mins of taking them every time. I started taking them before bed, and if I didn't fall asleep within 20 mins I was in the washroom vomiting. It came to a point that I was taking them in the middle of the night, I always wake up to pee around 2 am so I would pop one in my mouth and fall right back asleep. Now I'm back to taking them before bed as they don't make me so nauseous anymore, maybe my body has gotten used to them

It's crazy I used to take all these vitamins before we got pregnant. Now just the smell of them has me dry heaving. I took your ladies advice and started taking them at night. Right after dinner then in bed I go. Thank you for the advice. I didn't get morning sickness with my DD or have problems with taking my vitamins.

My prenatals used to give me horrendous nausea. So i actually switched to a prescription one called Pregvit that you take one in the morning and one in the evening. I still take it with a meal but I find having it split up helps so its not such a strong dose all at once. Maybe talk to your ob-gyn or midwife about switching to something like that?

My doctor directed me NOT to take prenatels because they made me so sick that it was counter productive. I took Flintstones instead with all 5 pregnancies. I tried each time and each time the vitamins made me horribly sick.

I had the same issue with my first pregnancy so I switched to prenatal gummy. Vitafusion makes them. They don't have any iron but I was told it's OK if you get enough in your diet.

I have also swapped my tablet format of prenatal to the gummy ones. I do have history of low iron in my previous pregnancy and have a brought an iron supplement as well but so far the gummy prenatal have been great! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->