Prenatal's so confused?!?! What's best?

katangel90

Reaction score
So my doctor prescribed me a prenatal called VOL- Plus I have no idea what this is. I just this today and the pharmacy didn't give me a list of what in this stuff.:nope: I've been taking 800 mcg Folic Acid before i was pregnant and got a walmart brand prenatal Spring Valley prenatal with folic acid. I've taken this for about a week. I just wanna make sure my lil bean has the best chance possible. Idk the side affects and it's different per website. Very hesitant on this VOL - Plus since I'm not getting any info. Also this stuff is expensive!!:cry::wacko: Any advice would be great!!

imho- you don't need a prescription prenatal. if your doctor DID prescribe you one- I would feel safe taking it ...

I take Rainbow Light Prenatal One-- I took it for my last 2 babies and now this one.

I would recommend taking one that contains DHA or take an additional supplement containing DHA which is what I do.

This is what I take :

Rainbow Light

DHA

you could always compare ingredients just to see.. I bet google would provide the listing of what's in your prenatal :hugs:

my doc is not my OB she's my primary doc. I get to call him on monday. Freaken holiday and everyone takes extra days off!! lol got the pelvic scan and that wand of pressure scan. so far everything is good! Just hesitant on the prenatal's. think for the short run stay with walmart brand but switch to DHA in it. VOL- Plus on google haven't found any ingredients just alot of different side affects. Ranging from meh to live threatening! Plus I don't want to pay $24 per script every 90 days rather spend the $10 or so and buy a new baby supply of some sort :)

If you go to Walmart to get a prenatal and adha supplement PLEASE get one where the 'other ingredients' list is minimal, contains no chemicals, and no dyes. Personally I take Garden Of Life Kind Organics Prenatal (about $50 for a month the supply) and Renew Life DHA (about $50 for a two mo the supply.). Please just make sure you're getting good quality vitamins to support your little bean.

Not taking a good prenatal is like saying you're not going to eat fruits or veggies during your pregnancy.

The Rainbow Light ones that holly mentioned are good too.

That's what I am looking for! I want him/her/them be as healthy as the bean can be. So many brands of prenatal's is ridiculously outrageous!!

Oh and make sure there's at least 800mg of folic acid or folate in them.

I am. Even if the multivitamin doesn't have it. I've got a bottle of folic acid on the side. :) folic acid was the first thing i took when TTC.

my experience with prenatals: im taking two flinstones a day because the spring valley prenatal made me super ill/nauseated (i took them before pregnancy and thats when i knew they made me sick) my doctor told me two flinstones a day were perfect and what i needed. at first i was taking 1 a day until my 4 wk 6 day prenatal appointment. i did try switching to the prenatal gummy and took two at the same time but i felt horrible as in i felt like i wasnt getting everything baby needs! so i immediately decided to stick with the flinstones.

That's what my friend was telling me that Flinstones is just as good just add folic acid lol Crazy marketing for ALL these different kinds of prenatals when you can just Flinstones just like when we were kids!!

That's what my friend was telling me that Flinstones is just as good just add folic acid lol Crazy marketing for ALL these different kinds of prenatals when you can just Flinstones just like when we were kids!!

Please, please be careful if you take the Flintstones Vitamins. They contain a lot of dyes and aspartame

FD&C Red #40 Lake, a dye, D-calcium pantothenate, a source of pantothenic acid, FD&C Yellow #6 Lake, a dye, aspartame, an artificial sweetener, xylitol, a sugar alcohol, FD&C Blue #2 Lake, a dye, "

It is rare, but when aspartame heats up it takes on qualities of poison and can make you sick. Would you give that to your baby? They also have GMOs in them. The US is one of the only countries that allows GMOs to be present in food. Most countries have banned them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->