Preparing for a preemie

Fingers crossed for you, but if it does come to CS on Tuesday - remember 28 weeks is a great gestation. I don't know where you are in Cleveland, but if you are at North Tees or James Cook these are excellent centres too. Let us know how you are xx

Thank you for everyone's prayers. Our little girl was delivered on Monday after my platlets fell again and my liver started to fail overnight on Sunday. She came out crying and weighing in at 1lb 15oz. We've called her Grace Nancy Alison. Nancy was DHs grandma who passed away the week before my LMP where I fell pregnant, and Alison is my mum. Grace is all her own name. She's had to be ventilated as she needed to be given surfactant as she was tiring out trying to breathe, but luckily they'd given me steroids a few days earlier to mature her lungs. She's so tiny and fragile, but she opened her eyes today and has been having a good stretch, and they're hoping she'll be weaned off the vent within about 48 hours. I'm trying to stay positive as the doctors say unless they panic, we shouldn't.

ETA: We're in North Tees Toothfairy, the neonatal team here seem fantastic so far.

Attachments

• DSC_0228.jpg
    DSC_0228.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 36
Glad to hear all going well. I really thought they were great at North Tees (had my second there in a bit of an emergency on a weekend away!) and you made a comment earlier about being worried your baby would be just another one to them - they won't make you feel like that there. (One of my friends is a SCBU nurse at James Cook too, and I'm sure they wouldn't there either!)

Dinah- Grace is beautiful!!! Congratulations on being a mommy!!! :)

I have very good feelings about your little grace, she is beautiful and I'm so glad your all okay. Coming out crying is a great sign that all is well. Well done here if you ever need me x

Grace is lovely! And she doesn't look like a less than 2 pounder at all- she looks really good! Hang in there, Mama- remember we are here if you need to talk or vent or want advice :hugs: and give that precious little girl love and snuggles from all of up here!

i went into labour at 31weeks with DS and after 13days of labour i gave birth at 33weeks on the dot there was nothing even in those 13days of labour i could do to prepare myself other than get in tiny nappies get some blankets clothes and such maybe ready and pack your hospital bag there is little you can do, i thought i was ready my DS was rushed away right after birth and 4 hours later i seen him for the first time spent first hour crying when i seen him because was soo scared he's almost 5 i am scared will happen again but i know 33weeks is much better than being less than 30weeks my thoughts are with you and hope you and baby can hold on xx

ooooh Grace is absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations! You must be sooo proud.

It`s normal for the little guys like Grace and my own to receive surfactant and be ventilated for a bit - she'll probably 'graduate' to cpap, then go back to be ventilated a few times. I know how hard those 'down' days are when you feel like you're moving back but what really helped me is to remember 'this is just what he/she needs right now. This is exactly when is needed to help him/her heal, rest up to grow stronger.' Sounds basic but this thought really helped me through the rough times.

Glad to hear you're in a good hospital too - sounds like she's in good hands

:hugs:

congrats on the birth of grace, shes a little beauty. she doesnt look that small.
im expecting identical girls and i too want to prepare myself for prem labour.
im nearly 22 weeks and so far everythin is good. fingers crossed.

hope yr little girl grows stronger by the minute.

Congratulations! She is gorgeous. I know NICU stays are stressful. Praying all goes well for you on her journey to home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->