Preparing for baby/babies?

Kassy

Mummy and expecting #2
Reaction score
I was just wondering if any other ladies are tidying any spare rooms out in preperation of little ones arriving in the future?
Me and OH aren't trying for another year or so, but we're managing to chuck loads of stuff out from our spare room, i'm getting excited already.

I'm taking it bit by bit lol... we need to get used to keeping the rest of the flat tidy before we move on to the "junk" room I think! x

We bought our house a year and a half ago and are still in the process of doing the WHOLE house out... an extension, knocked bathroom & toilet into one, new kitchen, new bathroom and cloakroom, new doors (patio, front and internal), tiling bathroom walls and kitchen floor, new skirtings, bringing up the original wood block flooring, doing front and back gardens, decorating throughout, plastering, new spindles on stair banisters, and well, everything!!!! Costing a fortune and very little time as me and OH both work full time and I'm also doing my MSc! :juggle: It's really dragging on as we are having to do virtually everything ourselves... But luckily that means we've not really been able to settle in enough yet to gather too much junk (most of my junk it being stored at my parents... and I'm starting to get comments that they want it gone... so we'll probably end up filling our spare rooms with junk not clearing them!!! haha). I'm just hoping we'll get the house finished in time for baby!!! lol :headspin:

I am buying a new house in preperation for my LO!! Spoilt to death already. Hehe.

xx

Nothing as yet, but I cannot wait to get all of Maxs stuff out (we'd be using some stuff again, Moses Basket, Pram, Carseat etc etc) when I get that :bfp: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek Cannot Wait!!!! :yipee:

xxx

I'm taking it bit by bit lol... we need to get used to keeping the rest of the flat tidy before we move on to the "junk" room I think! x

This made me smile... our baby will also be occupying the 'junk room' :laugh2:

We had visitors last weekend and needed both spare rooms so some of the junk was finally shifted to the loft but there's still a long way to go!

Well, surprisingly, and somewhat ironically considering my earlier post, my OH came home from work today and decided we needed to get a sofa-bed for the junk room! He's been bored at work as it was quiet, and had come up with lots of space saving storage plans for the room that would make it organised junk :haha: I'm very pleased with how practical he has been - apparently the sofa bed will double up as a bed for me in bubba's room if he/she is having a bad night, as well as a guest bed until then. I am literally gob-smacked at how good this boy can be at times! I guess I'm just shocked he has been decisive! for once! :rofl: x

I have started cleaning out hubbys den ready for decorating as that will become the nursery, hubby is helping though we gonna decorate it in nuteral colours x

im ttc now but while in the wtt process we brought our first home together and have a spare bedroom and dining room which is going to be used as a play room the spare room is a double room so lots of space at the moment its still got its cream walls lol and its used as a spare bedroom for guests at the moment but i cant wait till i get to turn it into a nursery

My junk room is just as junky as ever! Cleaning it out will probably be one of the first things I do when I get pregnant.

haha glad i dont have a junk room!! i have a junk cupboard but it is tiny so thats ok... we are renting so cant paint the walls but we will just put up wall stickers and stuff to decorate the walls are white so it will look good anway... not really preparing the room for a baby if anything preparing it for a flat mate lol we got a bed and furniture for it

I just painted our "spare room" yellow as it will be the nursery...in a year or two :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->