Preparing for IUI

sazzyb1985

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this area of the group.
I'm wondering how everyone prepares for assisted conception? I'm thinking I am about a year away from being in the position to begin the process.
My first goal is to lose weight and generally get healthier. Are there any supplements etc you'd recommend?
Also I will be ensuring I have money saved.
Other than research are there any other ways you prepare?
Thanks,
Sarah

Try and get a book by Zita West called "fertility and conception the complete guide to getting pregnant" she also does another book aimed at IVF etc but i actually prefer the first book.
She tells you everything you should and shouldn't do to increase chances of it working. She lists all the vitamins you need and diet advice etc it really is like my bible for my IVF..! Hope this helps x

Hi everyone, I'm new to this area of the group.
I'm wondering how everyone prepares for assisted conception? I'm thinking I am about a year away from being in the position to begin the process.
My first goal is to lose weight and generally get healthier. Are there any supplements etc you'd recommend?
Also I will be ensuring I have money saved.
Other than research are there any other ways you prepare?
Thanks,
Sarah

Hi Sazzyb1985! Welcome!
I can tell you how I prepared myself for assisted conception. I had to mentally prepare myself because its not something any of us expect and everyone's situation is different. My husband and I have been TTC for over 2 years now with no BFP at all. We finally went to RE and several test and surgery later, we were offered options of clomid, shots, IUI or IVF. We decided to do injections w/ IUI. This was very scary for me because I am scared of needles. On top of that I took prenatal and Vit D supplements. I definitely encourage you to save money even if you have insurance unless the pay 100%. Meds and procedures can get a little expensive. Also recommend eating healthier, exercise, and take vitamins.

Lastly a support system (friends, family) to help you get through it.

Good Luck! :dust:

Uhhhh our IUI kind of came up at the last second without much thought lol. I'd been taking a prenatal vitamin, does that count ? :)

Honestly I was more prepared for the BFN's more than preparing for the possibility of success, so it didn't seem like a very far stretch to hope it worked, but to not be too hopeful.

Uhhhh our IUI kind of came up at the last second without much thought lol. I'd been taking a prenatal vitamin, does that count ? :)

Honestly I was more prepared for the BFN's more than preparing for the possibility of success, so it didn't seem like a very far stretch to hope it worked, but to not be too hopeful.

Our first appointment is Thursday with the RE....my insurance covers unlimited IUIs. No IVF.

What do you mean by your IUI came up at the last second without much thought?

Our first appointment is Thursday with the RE....my insurance covers unlimited IUIs. No IVF.

What do you mean by your IUI came up at the last second without much thought?

I went to the RE and he did an U/S that day around CD 12 and scheduled my IUI for a few days later. I hadn't expected it to happen so soon. We didn't get pregnant because they were still determining the results from my HSG (turns out i did have one side blocked) but we got pregnant the next month .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->