preparing for your first born going to school!

ablaze

lucky mum of one of each!
Reaction score
seriously! how do you do it?! everytime i go to buy something for her uniform it makes me want to cry!

I just cant believe shes going to school! aaargh!

seriously! how do you do it?! everytime i go to buy something for her uniform it makes me want to cry!

I just cant believe shes going to school! aaargh!

hiya, my little boy started school last september, i was exactly the same as u! i cried in the playground on the 1st day, (and i wasnt the only mummy crying lol) seeing him in his uniform etc, he loves school and thats what i always remember,

now i wonder how i coped with him at home all day :winkwink:

such a big milestone for our babies tho and im sure ur gonna be fine x

good luck for her 1st day, not long to go x

im in floods of tears as i type this!!! my baby is off in september!!!!
he isnt my first but my forth baby so it doesnt get any easier!! :( :(
he cant wait! im heart broken lol

Hehe my daughter starts in september - not sure if this sounds awful but I can't wait!

She goes to nursery as it is any way as I work full time but she is so ready for it, she adores nursery but it is a day nursery for 0-5 year olds and she is the eldest there, she turns 5 on 5th september this year and she really needs school. It will save us money and think it will be brilliant for her, she loves learning and as brilliant as they are at her nursery I think mixing with lots of others the same age and ability as her will be fab. (sure i'll be crying with pride on her first day though!)

im in floods of tears as i type this!!! my baby is off in september!!!!
he isnt my first but my forth baby so it doesnt get any easier!! :( :(
he cant wait! im heart broken lol

You sound like me .. i hated my 3rd going just as much as i hated my 1st going.
That school stole my babies!! there not having my Jamie :growlmad: well not for a few years anyway :nope:

I dont think there ever a good way to cope ... its just one of those things that has to happen and we have to put up with,
I count down the days to all the school holidays and treasure every moment with them when they're at home,

I also try to hide my feelings from them because i want them to love going not think its a bad thing xxx

My eldest started full time last september, but he'd been going to the nursery there for over as year in the mornings and was always desperate to stay with the older ones so he was pleased to go full time.

I found I missed him cos I was off sick from work from August-December whilst I was pregnant but the school run broke the day up and I had time to rest in the daytime.

My son starts after the summer too!
Part of me can't wait to get some peace, he is going through the ''why?'' stage right now.
But I will be sad to see him growing up so fast!

I'm a reception class teacher and I always really feel for all the sad mummies and daddies on their baby's first day. There are always more tears from the parents than the children though -in 10 years I've taught I've never had a child not stop crying within a minute or two of being left :). That said, I'll be a wreck myself on Daisy's first day at school!

My little man starts full time school in sept although he went to pre-school from april to July last year and has been going to nursery since sept last year in the mornings I am dreading him being away from home/me all day! I have yet to start buying his 1st school uniform although I must admit I will be extremely proud to see him all dressed and ready to go on his 1st day I also think I will be one of the crying mummys too! Am sure he will be fine and will be shoving me out the reception class door on his 1st day but for me its like reality is kicking in MY LITTLE MAN IS GROWING UP.....FAST!

PS I HOPE BY SEPT I WILL BE STOOD AT THE SCHOOL GATES WITH THE BEGINNING OF A BABY BUMP LOL!

my first born going in september too and we went up for an induction session with him last week and i cried even at that cause i had to leave him for an hour in his new class with the new teacher. he goes to nursery which i am used to and dont worry at all and quite enjoy the time he is away sometimes for a bit of a break, but i think its the thought of him being in his school uniform and that its proper school not just nursery and he looks so small cause he is only just 4 so will be one of the youngest in his year!!!

x

Oh I'm in the same boat. My first born, Ian will be going to school the end of August. We got school supplies a little while ago and it was really difficult. He's my little man! I'm a stay at home mom too so I will really be missing that time I have with him. He has Asperger's syndrome, but we are pretty confident he'll do beautifully in school. He's sweet, kind, and brilliant so I hope the kids are accepting. I worry more about middle school than kindergarten though! We'll be there before we know it too!

Adanma

You know in Germany there is a tradition which is for the kids who come to school. On the first day they get to school they get a 'school cone' a large cone filled with school stuff and sweets :).
and don't know if you do that too, but the 3rd and 4rth grader always do a performance to welcome the kids at school in the assembly hall, and afterwards each kid is called up by its class teacher after which they go to their class room :)(it is only short lesson that day as they get all the information etc.
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs193.snc3/20031_250920366450_667476450_3386532_6591633_n.jpg

Thats me at 7 years and behind me is the side entrance on the primary school (the main entrance is at the back )

https://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1236/scultueten.png

That a fab idea hon, I have never heard of this!!!!!!!! We are going to buy DS a sort of `congrats on your 1st day at school` gift and take lots of photos lol!

aww thts lovely. i took lots of photos of tyler, mayb i should try and upload one to show u lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->