Preparing with PCOS?

Lulabelle85

Reaction score
Hiya were currently preparing to TTC in a couple of months and was just looking for anyone's tips or advice. I was diagnosed with PCOS 10 years ago and I'm trying to explore all possible routes to help with our journey.

So here's what I'm doing to prepare:
Taking 1000 mg agnus castus a day
Taking 400ug folic acid a day
Losing weight
Eating more fruit and veg
Attempting to exercise
And tomorrow I'm going to ask the doctor about going back on metformin again.

Anyone have any other tips about supplements or anything else I can do to prepare? Or anything OH can do? He doesn't smoke, and doesn't really drink and is in quite good shape.

X

Hello! I don't have a lot of advice (having never TTC yet!) but it sounds like you're doing all the right things. What I've taken on board from the experience of my friends and family is to try and enjoy yourselves too. Taking some time together to do some fun things (maybe a weekend away or some special dinners out) helps ease any pressure you might both feel :)

I also have PCOS, and I had two full term pregnancies! I was diagnosed 3 years ago. The first time, I did some research after being diagnosed and told I probably would never have children. I started a low carb diet, lost 20 pounds in 6 weeks, and surprise! BFP! The second time, I had to use clomid. . I still just tried to eat healthy and lower carb, and it was successful!

By low carb, I try to limit myself to around 100 grams per day, focusing on meat, eggs, veggies, nuts, cheese, etc. I try to avoid bread, refined sugar, soda, etc. I do eat potatoes on occasion, typically a half a baked potato at supper time. I drink mainly water. I try to drink green tea and decrease my caffeine intake. I also take metformin now, for the last month.

I hope this helps! I would be happy to help as much as I can.

I also took a prenatal vitamin and avoided alcohol because I was nervous about drinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->