preparing yourself for TTC

smiling

Reaction score
Hi WTTers,

Just wondering how you all are (if you are) preparing your bodies ect for TTC, i.e quit smoking, diet, weight loss or anything you have to do prior to LO arriving?

Im currently trying to eat a more healthy diet, and exercise more, which is not going quite well. :coffee: I've also bought some Bio-oil, to keep stretch marks at bay, as my mum had them quite bad in her pregnancies. I also seriously need a new car, my car is so not a family car. :dohh:

xx

:hi:

I am currently trying to start eating healther (I'm not to bad just would like to be better) and as of this week should be starting running again which i hope to keep up.
I also intend to start taking Folic Acid in about June and as off end July will give up alcohol.

Good idea with the bio-oil!! I heard usind a good moisturiser is recomended to help with strech marks too so will start uisng one!!

:flower:

Hi
Ive been taking b vitiamin complex for the whole time iv been on my ttc break in the hope that it may regulate my cycles a bit and its working i think. Also with the wedding coming up i am exercising and diet/healthy eating. Also been slapping on the bio oil too!!

Also im trying to get on top of house stuff getting everything in its place so that when we do start to TTC again i have my house order and dont have to worry about anything.

Also saving money any way we can as every little helps and this time round i swear to only buy one test per cycle as it got really expensive last time!!

xoxoxo

i wouldnt count on bio oil to stop stretch marks. id use it after uve had lo as it helps them fade. i didnt get stretch marks till 41 weeks with zane i was fuming lol.

past two weeks ive failed but i am trying to get fit before i start trying. im doing the pussycat dolls workout dvd i love it.

other then that i quit smoking when i found out i was pregnant with zane and havent looked back but its a very good idea to quit before ttc as some people find it alot harder then others

We are also going to be saving (currently saving all our pennies for or wedding) Forgot about that one!!! Have already looked a a few things we will need ie pram furniture to try and get a rough idea of how much we need to save!!

iv already started eating better - didnt have a takeaway all weekend which was good for us (but we did have cake) I am currently in training for my marathon so thats keeping me nice and fit. I know i need to quit the cigs but i cant see that happening untill i get back from holiday (unless we have an accident before then!) Just got a myself a car (so that we now have 2) and im starting my savings again (as i used them to buy the car lol) so all is in order. Just need to get on the folic acid - should have got some the weekend but i forgot! xx

Just generally trying to sort my self out - need to eat healthier, be more active, loose a little weight and drink more water. Also sneaking extra portions of veggies into OHs lunches and dinners so that he will be healthier and ready sooner too hehe. As we are still a way off, I'm taking baby steps with it all so it's not such a shock!

Moomin, is the pussycat dolls work out dvd any good? I have it on my Lovefilm list to try out, but been waiting for it ages now.

yes its really good. i
ts a hour work out where u learn 3 small dance routines in steps and then do a performance.

watching it doesnt look like its a workout but doing it is a whole other story lol, i thought i could dance till i started doing this hahahah

things started to crack that i didnt no i had lol

Princess- I do that to my OH too suprised he hasnt mentioned the amount of veg we eat these days. Its not to everyones taste but sweet potatoe is ment to be really good for fertility in men and women so you may want o give that a go mu OH loves it lucky enough!! xoxoo

Ooooh that's brill, we both love sweet potatoe so I can see that making some appearances soon! I'm thinking about weaning him off caffeine gradually too, but think he might notice that one lol. He tried my decaff tea and hated it!

Moomin, you have convinced me to bite the bullet and buy the dvd tomorrow... if nothing else at least I'll learn some hot moves hehe.

Improving my diet/fitness!
Taking a daily multivitamin.
Making sleeping better a priority.

I agree... Bio Oil is GREAT for fading stretchmarks but really didn't stop mine from coming. There's no such thing as a product that stops you from getting them. I would suggest using a moisturizer you love instead actually and massaging it into the skin over your bump/your sides instead, will prevent the itchiness of stretching skin, apparently itching makes stretchies worse too.

We are about to start eating better...i admit we eat terribly lol. I am on vitex, epo, prenatal, and just started metphormin. So i am trying to get my body ready. We have giving up drinking, not that we do it often but when we did lol we made it count :) we dont smoke so thats one less thing to worry about! :)

I'm trying to lose weight for sure. Don't wanna stack weight on top of more weight. And I've been taking a prenatal for a couple months Oh and trying to pay bills off!

Trying to eat a lot more healthy - also trying to get DH to but thats not really working at the mo! I've stopped drinking coffee and cut down on the amount of tea i drink, i replaced it with lots of water (yuk)!

Both taking muti vitamins, up until three months before as we will then switch to the prenatal ones.

I didn't know that about sweet potatoes we both love them so thats a bonus!

Not changing a whole lot, but I'm fairly good anyway. I do want to lose a little bit of weight first so I've joined the gym at work. I'm trying to eat more fruit and veg - I'm usually pretty good about having five a day, but I'm aiming for seven or eight now. Apparently in the US it's nine servings you're supposed to have! Also taking B vitamins, of which folic acid is one.

I don't smoke at all, rarely drink, and I only have one cup of tea per day and there's no way I'm cutting that out all together LOL!

I'm on a multivitamin (no Vit A in it) and folic acid, saving for my maternity leave, doing my karate to loose weight and trying to do a really thorough spring clean of the house.

Thanks ladies, lots of tips and things to consider. How soon before TTC, would you think is a resonable time to take folic acid?

I'll be taking prenatals soon, I don't smoke quite when I found out I was pregnant the first time, btw smoked while trying it didn't effect me. I'm happy I quite saveds lots of money health and can breath lol. Working out which started today I was up before the sun was walking on the treadmill, while oh was still home before work to watch baby. I have a bike coming soon a work out bike for the livingroom when she takes naps since treadmil in the garage its a HUGE clunky one lol. Expensive it has tons of walking work outs heartrate monitor very cool but not workable when its just me and baby home which is why I got the bike to do during the day, walking twice a day for now and watching what I'm eating....... Gonna get some healthy food this coming weekend cuz I'm pigging out on sweets and soda and its adding to additional weight gain then the baby weight, so my biggest goal right now is to loss 40 pounds by May which would be me back at what I was before I got pregnant.

No other goals lol.

i'll probably start taking pre natal vitamins about 3 mths before i start ttc.

i could do with losing about 24lbs too. i walk everywhere so that shouldn't be too hard (i hope!)

other than that i'll be saving like mad to make sure i am completely debt free and can afford to splash out on things i'll need for baby. i have quite alot of stuff already from my first baby.

ooh i need to save up for a new high sleeper bed and decorating, soft furnishings etc for my sons new bedroom before ttc as well. i will have to get a new dividing wall put up and am hoping giving my son a great new room will help him to adjust to a new baby and not feel left out.

I was eating healthy, cutting out tea.. exercising.

Then I found out I wouldn't be trying till September and I am drinking more tea than ever, haven't lifted a finger in weeks and for lunch had chips with salad cream followed by a double decker..

Things are going well :rofl:

Seriously I will be buckling down in June, taking my pregnacare, having my healthy green meals, cutting out caffeine and going on my mini trampoline ever day for half an hour :smug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->