preparing yourself for TTC

Defo eat healthier. I started cause I don't my son seeing me stuffing my face with crap all the time. When I was pregnant I craved fruit and defo had my 5 a day, but no I really have to force myself to eat fruit etc.

Thanks ladies, lots of tips and things to consider. How soon before TTC, would you think is a resonable time to take folic acid?

3 months is usually recommended but you can get really cheapy ones (Tescos for example are about £2 I think for 60 or so?) so why not just start asap in case ttc date might move?

Have you been checked for rubella vaccination? I know I keep banging on about rubella but it's really important to get a booster before ttc if you're not immune and when I asked to be checked I had a really bad experience with a nurse at my gp practise. She told me to come back once I was pregnant!!! :nope: (It's a live vaccination so it's too late to get a jab then). So I just like to point it out to people in case their gps have similar attitudes...

Thanks ladies, lots of tips and things to consider. How soon before TTC, would you think is a resonable time to take folic acid?

3 months is usually recommended but you can get really cheapy ones (Tescos for example are about £2 I think for 60 or so?) so why not just start asap in case ttc date might move?

I've been taking folic acid since September and I'm ntnp from next month. I tend to get the cheap ones from Savers- my first bottle of 90 cost about 45p and last time I paid 79p for 90. Savers also sell multivitamins like Santogen for cut prices (I think about £2.99 for the 30 tablet pack!)

Beca :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->